Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn Chase Freedom Signup bonus twice within 24 Months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earn Chase Freedom Signup bonus twice within 24 Months

I had a Chase Freedom and PC'ed it to the Freedom Unlimited. It's been a little over a year and I want to get the Chase Freedom again. Since I opened the card originally as a Freedom, would I be eligible for the signup bonus again even though the card is now a Freedom Unlimited.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earn Chase Freedom Signup bonus twice within 24 Months

No you won’t be able to receive another sign up bonus on the freedom.

You could however, downgrade you freedom unlimited back to a freedom, then apply for the freedom unlimited and get the SUB for that card.

If you choose to apply for the freedom unlimited, the chase site will only show you the 3% for one year SUB. If you google “freedom unlimited 150” though you’ll find links for the $150 SUB application
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight. Let's say I just let the card age to 24 months, would I still be eligible? I would assume not because technically I'm a current cardholder of the Freedom since that is what the original application was.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the insight. Let's say I just let the card age to 24 months, would I still be eligible? I would assume not because technically I'm a current cardholder of the Freedom since that is what the original application was.

As long as it’s been 24 months since you received the bonus for that particular card then you are eligible to receive it again.  You’re not a current Freedom card holder but a holder of the Freedom Unlimited.  Doesn’t matter that the Freedom was the original card.  You just can’t get the Freedom bonus again until the 2 year period passes.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually technically you're not a current holder of the freedom card, you're a current holder of the freedom Unlimited.

My mom had a Slate, apped for another, but they denied her cuz she couldn't have two Slates. PCed it to a Freedom (the Freedom kept the 0% APR from the Slate), and then got another Slate with the 0% APR. Pretty neat trick, since the 0% APR isn't technically a SUB she didn't have to wait 2 years to get it again, now she has 0% on both cards lol.

So yes if you wait til the 25th month from when you opened your current card you would be eligible for the SUB from the Freedom again - but the Freedom SUB is usually the same as the Freedom Unlimited SUB, so when did you PC the Freedom to the Freedom Unlimited? I read that at least one bank (Citi?) Gives a grace period like a couple months if you decide you don't want the card you PCed to and you can change back. Might wanna see if Chase can hook you up like that so that you can app for the Freedom Unlimited and get the SUB sooner than having to wait for the 2 year mark from the original card opening.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the good info. I'm 4 months (5 since the bonus hit) out so I can stick it out a little bit more rather than do the PC shuffle. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.