Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest AMEX to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest AMEX to get?

I've been repairing and rebuilding my credit for the last year and am ready to apply for an AE card.  Any ideas on which AE card is the easiest to be approved for?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?

Delta Gold
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

mstrey12 wrote:
I've been repairing and rebuilding my credit for the last year and am ready to apply for an AE card.  Any ideas on which AE card is the easiest to be approved for?

How's your EX score and report?  Any baddies left after repair?  Any bad history with Amex?

The Green Charge Card and the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card are generally the easiest to get.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been repairing and rebuilding my credit for the last year and am ready to apply for an AE card. Any ideas on which AE card is the easiest to be approved for?

How's your EX score and report? Any baddies left after repair? Any bad history with Amex?

The Green Charge Card and the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card are generally the easiest to get.

Make sure you know that one is a charge(PIF) and one is a credit card. You can't switch later on from a charge to credit card or the another way around.
Message 4 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

As long as you have around a 620 or higher with no recent baddies or previous bad history with Amex you can probably land a Delta Skymiles or Green card.

I have a Green and I abuse it frequently.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 15
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Too funny. I was just getting ready to ask this same question. For me, I had my AMEX closed by them back in November (I still had a $300 balance that I've been steadily paying), and I asked for a manual review recently to re-open the account -- the CSR said that he couldn't do that, but he said AMEX's internal notes on my account said that I should call the 24-hour customer service number and re-apply for whole new account.

Since I had a Delta Sky before, I was thinking of getting something else - the Green Charge or maybe a Blue Cash or Blue Sky, but I want to make sure I get A card... and not just run

I have some derogs on my CBR, but nothing in the last two years. And I recently paid off two CC that I closed but still had balances on. I figure my FICO is around 600, maybe a little higher, possibly a little lower.

I plan to check my FICOs once I know this BofA Visa I just got reports, zero balance $1000 CL... should boost UTL.

Message 6 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@PayYouNever wrote:
Too funny. I was just getting ready to ask this same question. For me, I had my AMEX closed by them back in November (I still had a $300 balance that I've been steadily paying), and I asked for a manual review recently to re-open the account -- the CSR said that he couldn't do that, but he said AMEX's internal notes on my account said that I should call the 24-hour customer service number and re-apply for whole new account.
Since I had a Delta Sky before, I was thinking of getting something else - the Green Charge or maybe a Blue Cash or Blue Sky, but I want to make sure I get A card... and not just run
I have some derogs on my CBR, but nothing in the last two years. And I recently paid off two CC that I closed but still had balances on. I figure my FICO is around 600, maybe a little higher, possibly a little lower.
I plan to check my FICOs once I know this BofA Visa I just got reports, zero balance $1000 CL... should boost UTL.

Out of curiosity, was there any particular reason given when they closed your account? Was it AA? Perhaps inactivity?
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 15
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I was not given a particular reason... just negative items on my EX report. However, I hadn't had any new derog items or really any activity -- except for continuous payments to the accounts that I did have open -- including AmEx!

I had been disputing items to get the removed (they weren't) so I figure there was activity on my account for dormant tradelines, which 'caused them to bring the score down.

So I'll see what happens when I try for the Green Charge Card or Delta Gold
Message 8 of 15
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Well in my opinion i would say Dillard's AMX .
please correct me if i was wrong .
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditdream wrote:
Well in my opinion i would say Dillard's AMX .
please correct me if i was wrong .

I think question is about which Amex-issued Amex is easiest to get.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.