Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Chase Card to get?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Easiest Chase Card to get?

FWIW, when I spoke to CSR last year I specifically asked if the Slate was easier to qualify. I was told that they use the same UW criteria for Freedom/Slate.
Message 11 of 15
zerobacan
Established Contributor

If i apply for the csp, will they offer me the freedom if i dont qualify for it? I dont have a 5k cc. Its just 3800
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 12 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@zerobacan wrote:
If i apply for the csp, will they offer me the freedom if i dont qualify for it? I dont have a 5k cc. Its just 3800

No, it would be a sep HP.
Message 13 of 15
Voodard
Contributor

Crazy thing about the Freedom card is that mine carries a ridiculous 22.99% interest rate! I have three cards with Chase: CSP @ 13.74%, United MP Explorer @ 15.74%, & the Freedom. Once the 0% interest is done it looks like the Freedom card is going to be used for the quarterly bonus spend only. (I carry balances for about 6 mos average on my cards)
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 14 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Chase cards in general are harder to get compared to cards from other banks, such as Bank of America for instance. In fact they're one of the harder prime banks to get a card with to my knowledge.

Unless you absolutely want to establish relationship with Chase, it is sometimes better off to get some other cards first, and then apply for Chase 6-12 months down the road. Only reason why I am recommending this is that you don't want them to give you a stupid limit like $500. They might raise your CL over time, but to my knowledge Chase customer initiated CLI are all HP and there's no guarantees. You're also effectively wasting the 0% APR period with a $500 limit.

So if you have recent baddies or high utilization, it is better off for you to start with another bank first, then come back to Chase, rather than stepping into Chase with the wrong foot in.

To answer your question, I am guessing their Southwest and Disney cards are the easiest to get. After that it would be the Freedom. For the Freedom you need about 700 (to stand a higher than average chance with a decent APR) or at least 650 if you want to test your luck regardless. I am not sure what scores you need for southwest but you can check whogavemecredit and other sites. Scores aren't everything as well. Your income plays a big part.

Chase usually pulls Experian to my knowledge.

What kind of baddies, high util and scores do you have approximately?

Oh, and Chase has a preapproval thing on their website. https://creditcards.chase.com/

You can use it to roughly gauge your chances.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.