Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Citibank Credit Card to get?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Easiest Citibank Credit Card to get?

I usually only read the high limit prestige cards being held, just curious - do they even have a "easier" card to obtain? 

Thanks for any replies!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Easiest Citibank Credit Card to get?

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I usually only read the high limit prestige cards being held, just curious - do they even have a "easier" card to obtain? 

Thanks for any replies!

Forward would be your best bet; good luck!

Message 2 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

In my experience, there is "no" easy Citi card to get.  

With Citi, unless you meet their computers parameters, you will be declined without exception.  Credit analysts cannot overturn auto declines.  You can recon by writing their EO, but not sure if it's worth all the effort.

Message 3 of 15
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

In my experience, there is "no" easy Citi card to get.  

With Citi, unless you meet their computers parameters, you will be declined without exception.  Credit analysts cannot overturn auto declines.  You can recon by writing their EO, but not sure if it's worth all the effort.

That was the impression I got too.

And, I thought the Forward was a student card?

Message 4 of 15
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I think the CITI Thank You card is the easiest. 

The Forward card is only for College Students, please were getting around this if they chose non student, but now it wont let you choose that. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

The Forward card is only for College Students, please were getting around this if they chose non student, but now it wont let you choose that. 

I didn't even have that option when I applied few months ago, it didn't say anything about being a student.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 15
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I finally got a AA Advantage card after trying with Citi 3 times before all with a fico score over 680, i finally got it after a fit of rage of getting denied again and apped again and was approved after calling in and verifying some info, Gave me a low limit though about 4 grand less than I thought they would start me out at.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 7 of 15
AyalaZero
New Contributor

I got approved for Citi Preferred today, they pulled my Experian and have a score of 712.  My utilization rate it at 45-54% one of the two, cant remember.

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 8 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

This is a recent change that happened in the past month or two. There were two versions of the card, and now they got rid of the regular version and only have the student version.

Message 9 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi is hard as heck to get in with!!!

It took me like so many recons I can't even remember to get my Citi Diamond Preferred !!!!! and my fico was way over 680+. On their scale of 200-950, I believe I got a 669.

No Citi card is easy to get imo.

BUT, reconning can be worth the effort if you are willing....

after contacting the EO, I got approved for a CDP with a $5k limit.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.