cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Citibank Credit Card to get?

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: Easiest Citibank Credit Card to get?

I find that the Co-Branded cards are easiest to get..As just last week I Apped for the Citi Premier and was turned down for too many Inq.Than just 3 days later got approved for the AA Citi Amex..10K limit...This is my 3rd Citicard approval in 8 months..2 AA cards and 1 Hilton reserve..10K,11K,12K limits....All approved after being turned down for their Non-Cobranded cards

Message 11 of 15
epicureanism
Contributor

I think it is citi forward for college students (Well it seems that this is the only version of citi forward now...).

I opened my first credit card from BOA in September last year and I do not even have a FICO score. Then I applied for citi forward for college students at a local branch three weeks ago and was approved with CL $2000 today. Quite happy with this! 

It also seems to me that citi forward is the most "rewarding" cards among all citi cards... 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 12 of 15
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Thaty's really weird though. I let a small balance post (10$) and I applied for the Forward and got approved on my first try with them, and in turn they I have been good to them as they have been good to me. There is no easiest Citi Card to get but generally the one that is easier then others is The Citi Forward card for students and then I would think it would be the thankyou card...from what I have seen at least. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 13 of 15
mtrea001

My second credit card i ever recieved was the Citi Platinum card (not select, just platinum).  It had no rewards, decent interest, nothing else. Its about as boring as you can get, they gave me 14% @ 5900CL, my previous highest was 500 from my CU lol.  I really recommend them, it looks like they'll give you a really nice starting limit with a limited amount of credit history.  I was a bank teller at the time earning just about 25k annually. 

Message 14 of 15
jake619
Frequent Contributor

I would have thought Simplicity was easiest. It seems pretty plain-Jane.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.