cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Visa card with no foreign transaction fees?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Visa card with no foreign transaction fees?

Considering your current banking relationship with Chase, I would suggest the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Signature card. Underwriting is fairly easy though a year of history is normally needed for Chase. There are data points to suggest they make exceptions. If needed, a reconsideration with your income and current savings with Chase may overturn any denial. Also, it does not have FTFs.
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon chase Prime Visa has no foreign fees. And is fairly easy to get. Might be an option for a year until until your history is long enough for a card to take advantage of flying.

Message 12 of 28
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

wrote:

I heard all new Capital One cards would be on the Mastercard network, which unfortunately is no good for me. If this is not the case, could you tell me where I can confirm that Quicksilver is a Visa? Generally when I look at their site, their cards are depicted without a network logo at all.

I was also looking at the Uber Visa. Would you expect this to be easier or harder to get than the BoA card?

Thanks for the info.

Generally, Cap One cards start out as the following (right now):

Platinum = MC

QuickSilver One = MC

QuickSilver = Visa

Venture One = Visa but not much reason to get it

Venture = Signature Visa

If you want a Visa with No FTF, your best bet is to go for QuickSilver NOT QuickSilver One.

Also, Cap One does change sometimes and the also allow "upgrades" but the MC or Visa will not change.

I have a Venture World MasterCard and a Venture Visa Signature. 

The WMC was originally a QS1 MC that became a QS MC then became a Venture WMC.  

The Visa Sig was born as a Visa Sig.

Check the prequalification page...

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 28
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:
Considering your current banking relationship with Chase, I would suggest the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Signature card. Underwriting is fairly easy though a year of history is normally needed for Chase. There are data points to suggest they make exceptions. If needed, a reconsideration with your income and current savings with Chase may overturn any denial. Also, it does not have FTFs.

Another +1 for the Chase Amazon Prime. Best part is it's actually not bad as a daily driver and really makes sense if you shop on Amazon a lot. Metal card too if you care about that at all. Plus it helps build relationship with Chase, who has arguably the most sought after travel cards if you think you'd be interested at some point in the future.

CapOne might have looser underwriting standards but I'd stay away if only because they hard pull all 3 bureaus, and IMO none of their unsecured cards offer anything unique that's worth keeping around for the long term.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Do you believe that the Chase Amazon card would be easier to get than the Capital One card?

I would very much like the CSP but I have always read that Chase is very conservative. The Chase Amazon card is also Visa Signature only I believe, whereas Quicksilver can be approved with a credit limit below $5k as a Platinum.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One is probably easier to get. I think your limit may be more useable on the Chase card. I say this because of your current secured card with them. Use the preapproval tool for Cap One to see if there’s an offer.
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Chase Amazon Prime Signature card is Signature in features and benefit only. It’s been approved for as low as $500 and I’ve seen as high as $9K.
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know.

If there is not an offer on the Cap One pre-approval page, does this indicate that I probably won't be given the card? Or is it just a bonus if it shows there?

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d say it’s a bonus. Their preapprovals are generally solid. I got a Venture without any
preapproval offers so certainly not required.

I’d say if there’s no preapproval, save yourself the triple pull and go for the double pull with Chase. Build that relationship so at the 1 year mark Chase knows your spending and payment habits and you can go for the Sapphire card.
Message 19 of 28
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Do you believe that the Chase Amazon card would be easier to get than the Capital One card?

I would very much like the CSP but I have always read that Chase is very conservative. The Chase Amazon card is also Visa Signature only I believe, whereas Quicksilver can be approved with a credit limit below $5k as a Platinum.

Chase in general is conservative yes, but they're more lenient on co-branded cards. Supposedly, the Chase Amazon Prime Visa is the easiest of the Chase cards to get approved for.

As mentioned, it's Visa Signature in name and benefits only. There are definitely approvals for less than $5K, and the highest I've seen is $11K.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.