Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest cards to get approved for

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Easiest cards to get approved for

@Civil wrote:
If you can't afford an annual fee of $39 a year, you should not have a credit card period and thats for anyone. QS1 is not a bad card to get, I started with Qs1 500 CL and in 5 months they gave me a total of 3500 CL and on the 6th month I PCed to a VentureOne. At this point if Cap one is giving you credit based on your score you should take it and build off that. Plus if you use the card a lot and pay it off it pays your AF because you get 1.5% cash back.

I agree that if you really cannot afford $39 a year, there are big issues, but that's not what people are saying.    If there are free alternatives, why waste money on a useless AF.   Plus, as others have said, the Cap One Plat seems to have more success for upgrading than the QS1, even if you personally managed to get a VentureOne (which isn't really a goal card, being worse than the QS).

Message 11 of 35
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

OP,

I started with scores similar to yours(siggy) no open accounts at all and about 15 baddies. I app’d for Cap1 Platinum(no pre-qual-cold app’d-DENIED!)
I put myself as an AU on DW Cap1 Platinum. During that time I managed to get a few good baddies off which helped my scores a little. Once the Cap1 hit I app’d for the Discover $200(Secured). Next day hit Fingerhut hut up for FreshStart(for the installment) graduated I month early pay off. $500SL(still haven’t used it-helps with UTL)
Been checking Cap1 pre-qual for 7 mos now and FINALLY got some action on Cap1 Secured($99) $200SL.
If Cap1 is giving you some LUV now...TAKE IT! The longer you wait the slower the process.
My goal is 600’s before 1 yr. I still have 5 months left to make it there and literally 15 pts from 600’s. I’ll make it in a month or two.
Get moving! But, be smart about what you choose. Find something that will grow with you.
I’ve learned(from MyFICO Forums) AGE and RESPONSIBILITY builds scores, not tons of useless cards JUST to have cards. I’m sure you already know this.😉

I hope this helps some? Be SMART!! Listen to the GURUS they know!

Good Luck on your journey!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 12 of 35
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

QS1s are frequently very difficult to product-change. Around here, we see a lot more frustration than success. Platinums, on the other hand, are usually very easy to upgrade after a few months.

This is very true.  I've actually dealt with it personally, an it is what caused me to close my Cap1 account.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 35
Civil
Regular Contributor

I didn’t say venture One was a goal card 😂😂 I am just going off my experience with cap one.

Message 14 of 35
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would get the QS1 and use it for every purchase and pay it off WEEKLY.

Cap One CAN grow with you as your improve.

Sometimes you have to open up additional/better cards, sometimes you will get CLIs.

For me, it was both.

Use it, Pay it, Grow it.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

My vote is also for Platinum over QS1 for the easy path to QS with proper management, with the dead end AF QS1 you'll be paying that AF for a long time to come based on recent data, it's the worst card in an already average Cap One lineup.
Message 16 of 35
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

QS1s are frequently very difficult to product-change. Around here, we see a lot more frustration than success. Platinums, on the other hand, are usually very easy to upgrade after a few months.

This is very true.  I've actually dealt with it personally, an it is what caused me to close my Cap1 account.

I closed my Cap1 QS1 account for the exact same reason.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 17 of 35
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My vote is also for Platinum over QS1 for the easy path to QS with proper management, with the dead end AF QS1 you'll be paying that AF for a long time to come based on recent data, it's the worst card in an already average Cap One lineup.

Ditto

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 18 of 35
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im a fan of going the Discover Secured Route and saving a pull... Theres some datapoints that Miss Disco will usually match on unsecuring if you put in a higher amount to start.. but also you can sometimes get an auto CLI with a smaller deposit too.. Though id try to put in a bit more than the minimum if possible... Someone was throwing around 500... thought that was a good amount to aim for... or more...

-J

Message 19 of 35
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

To rebuild your credit it will cost you some annual fee - it’s just how it works -
With that being said, I would try these.

1. CreditOne bank
2. CapitalOne Platinum or QS
3. All the shopping cart tricks you can try !
It’s how I started.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.