Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest cards to get approved for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest cards to get approved for

Hello,

I need 2 credit cards to boost my credit score. Right now I have 0 open accounts and hence fico is punishing me for having no open accounts.

I am pre-approved for Capone platinum and QS1. Any other cards you recommend I should app for and is easy approval? My scores are really low.

Fico 8:
Ex: 566
EQ: 503
TU: 525

2 baddies on all 3, settled BofA charge-off, charge off with WFDS reporting 0 balance.

No open accounts. Though I have added myself to my sisters CCs
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest cards to get approved for

In order of easiest (safe) I would say - All secured of course 

Open Sky - No HP

Green Dot - No HP

Discover  - 2 HP

Capital One - 3 HP

Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d avoid the QS1 if I were you. It’s an annual fee card whose cashback won’t offset it without a large annual spend. If you go CapOne, take the Platinum as it often can be changed after a few months to a no AF QS. Get the OpenSky, manage responsibly a few months, and start checking Discover’s prequals - it’s a great card, and if you go secured, it’ll typically unsecure after 6-7 months into a straight up Discover card, you’ll get your deposit back, and quite possibly a nice line increase to boot.
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

@Anonymous wrote:
I’d avoid the QS1 if I were you. It’s an annual fee card whose cashback won’t offset it without a large annual spend. If you go CapOne, take the Platinum as it often can be changed after a few months to a no AF QS. Get the OpenSky, manage responsibly a few months, and start checking Discover’s prequals - it’s a great card, and if you go secured, it’ll typically unsecure after 6-7 months into a straight up Discover card, you’ll get your deposit back, and quite possibly a nice line increase to boot.

Discover graduates just after 6-7 months? I am pre-approved for their secured card. You think initial deposit makes a difference when it comes to future SL?

For example, getting a $200 secured card compared to $2000?

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s very possible. $200 is the minimum but if you can do more, I would, as it makes the card easier to manage. Disco DPs are all over the place but it may help.
Message 5 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Getting any unsecured cards on those scores is difficult,,unless you can join Navy. If im rebuilding and i could get the QS1, even with an AF id take it. Thats a legit unsecured card. Just a rhought, though 3 hps is steep
Message 6 of 35
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys!

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover graduates just after 6-7 months? I am pre-approved for their secured card. You think initial deposit makes a difference when it comes to future SL?

For example, getting a $200 secured card compared to $2000?

When my secured $200 Discover graduated, my SL was $2000 and a few months later I received a unicorn auto CLI to $3000. YMMV

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 35
Civil
Regular Contributor

If you can't afford an annual fee of $39 a year, you should not have a credit card period and thats for anyone. QS1 is not a bad card to get, I started with Qs1 500 CL and in 5 months they gave me a total of 3500 CL and on the 6th month I PCed to a VentureOne. At this point if Cap one is giving you credit based on your score you should take it and build off that. Plus if you use the card a lot and pay it off it pays your AF because you get 1.5% cash back.

Message 8 of 35
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Ideally, you want 3 revolvers and a loan to maximize your score. With the scores you have currently, I would take what you can get (Cap1 is still better then some predatory lenders like Credit1). As time goes with usage, payment and taking care of your credit, other cards will open up. At that point, you can PC the card to something else or close it (it stays on your CR for 10 years so you don't lose the history).

I would also recommend working on the baddies, see what you can do to get those cleared off (payment, GW or request for PFD, etc.). Once your score starts going up, other card options will become available.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 35
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

QS1s are frequently very difficult to product-change. Around here, we see a lot more frustration than success. Platinums, on the other hand, are usually very easy to upgrade after a few months.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.