cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Chevron approval.

tag
punkypink

Easy Chevron approval.

FYI in the process of rebuilding my credit and last night was instantly approved for a Chevron gas card online! I called the 800 number and my limit is $650. I had previously been denied by them about a year ago. My fiance also applied and was instantly approved with a $700 limit. I have one other GEMB card - Walmart $700 imit, and he has no other GEMB cards. They pulled Transunion.

Starting Score (5.13.10): 557
Current Score (12.9.10): 604
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easy Chevron approval.

Congrats on the approvals!

I was tempted to app for this, but I was just denied an Amazon store card last month, and at the top of the app it says if you were denied a GEMB within 6 months then to (essentially) not apply. I'll just let my stuff grow and fight the temptation. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 6
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I received a preapproved offer in the mail for a Chevron Gas card back in August and was approved instantly online for $400, the only reason i applied was because they had an incentive for 20 cents off per gallon fuel credits for 60 days. I think you can apply for a soft pull increase after 4 months of payment history on the account. I did the same thing for my walmart card went from $300 to $700. They also pulled TU for me and my scores were around 630-650 at the time. No baddies at all just a lot of inquiries and no lates.

amazon
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB must be granting credit, but they did pull all 3 cb and placed the account on all 3 cb. I was given $500 for the GEMB Chevron card!

Message 4 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

GEMB must be granting credit, but they did pull all 3 cb and placed the account on all 3 cb. I was given $500 for the GEMB Chevron card!

Inquiries with all three credit bureaus? That's pretty over the top for a $500 gas card.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I didn't know they would pull all 3 just for a gas card. Wow.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.