Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Specials = big MR Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebates Specials = big MR Points!

Ebates is offering some really good cash back currently. Big MR boosts for those needing to do some online shopping. I was browsing and saw that Kohl’s was at 15% and many others at 6% and above. This all before their special tomorrow offering 15% back on many stores.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Ebates Specials = big MR Points!

I will need to take a look those offers, by the way have the allowed members that already have ebates account to switch over to receiving MR or is it still only cash back ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you can log into your ebates account and link your AMEX and it will automatically switch it to MR points, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: It appears that to link your AMEX account, you first have to cancel your existing Ebates account and then create a new one.
Message 3 of 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe you can log into your ebates account and link your AMEX and it will automatically switch it to MR points, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: It appears that to link your AMEX account, you first have to cancel your existing Ebates account and then create a new one.

Yea my wife found out about that as she wanted to start a new eBates account and move her eBates Visa over to it so that she could earn MR points rather than cash back.  eBates replied and basically said that it can't be done; that the eBates Visa will be forever linked to the account in which it was originally connected to.  

Don't know how true it is but don't want to bother wasting my time to investigate it either.  If there ever comes a time when they allow current users to switch then I'll let her know but not worth firing off serveral messages for something of such.  

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

A nice thing is if you do the Ebates account linking for MR points, you can earn a 1,500 point bonus when you spend $25 within 90 days. Pretty decent bonus. If you value it at 1cpp, that comes out at 40% back.

Message 5 of 29
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

A bit of an off topic question but are ebates and chase shopping portal pretty similar with the bonus points you get from when I looked they were almost the same. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received an email from Ebates listing the following stores at 15%. Thats 15 MR PTS/$!!

Macy’s
Ulta
Bloomingdales
Dicks
Shoes.com
Under Armour
Ralph Lauren
Restaurant.com
Plus a lot more!!

Christmas in July! 😂
Message 7 of 29
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Several people in the travel groups I belong to have a cashback and MR ebates account. 

Not a clue about the ebates CC and it being linked but it’s possible to have two seperate accounts 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A nice thing is if you do the Ebates account linking for MR points, you can earn a 1,500 point bonus when you spend $25 within 90 days. Pretty decent bonus. If you value it at 1cpp, that comes out at 40% back.

Is this a targeted offer from Amex? Because I saw it once in my account, but the link didn't work and poof never signed up. Wanted the 15K MR bonus. So I've been waiting to see it again, and nothing. lol

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this a targeted offer from Amex? Because I saw it once in my account, but the link didn't work and poof never signed up. Wanted the 15K MR bonus. So I've been waiting to see it again, and nothing. lol

It's not targeted.  Right now their website is only showing $10 vs $15, but if you make a purchase and choose one of the 15% CB stores and spend the $25 you would end up with around $13.75 for the $25 spend.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.