Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Specials = big MR Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ebates Specials = big MR Points!

Honestly, this site is pretty addicting. Unfortunately, I’m a tightwad and find it hard to buy anything I don’t need in general, but this is definitely a way to get me to open the wallet up a bit.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe you can log into your ebates account and link your AMEX and it will automatically switch it to MR points, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: It appears that to link your AMEX account, you first have to cancel your existing Ebates account and then create a new one.

Hi.

You just need to create a new Rakuten/Ebates account using a new email address. Pretty simple! and after that link it to your Amex account for MR.

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly, this site is pretty addicting. Unfortunately, I’m a tightwad and find it hard to buy anything I don’t need in general, but this is definitely a way to get me to open the wallet up a bit.

lol

I'm not a tightwad by any means, but I have realized that I need to curb my spending. So I should probably stay away from this Awesome site!

Sadly I won't...

But it would be nice to earn some extra points on my spend!

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I'm reviving this thread because I recently signed up for Rakuten but I don't see an option to choose to receive Membership Rewards points.  I only see two options; Paypal and Big Fat Check.

So my question is how do I get rebates/cashback as MR points?  Do I need to link an Amex card under My Wallet?

Message 14 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, I'm reviving this thread because I recently signed up for Rakuten but I don't see an option to choose to receive Membership Rewards points.  I only see two options; Paypal and Big Fat Check.

So my question is how do I get rebates/cashback as MR points?  Do I need to link an Amex card under My Wallet?

From what I understand you have to sign up using certain links that include the ability to recieve MR points. For some reason they are restrictive about it. You also can't switch an existing account to earning MR; have to just create a new one. Have no clue why they make it so difficult.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ following for the same reason
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There is a specific link that you need to sign up through and sign in with your AMEX credentials.  I don't have it handy, however you can chat with Rakuten via the website and they can give you the details.  They will likely have to deactivate the account you just made and start over again.  They had to do that for my wife.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is a specific link that you need to sign up through and sign in with your AMEX credentials.  I don't have it handy, however you can chat with Rakuten via the website and they can give you the details.  They will likely have to deactivate the account you just made and start over again.  They had to do that for my wife.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response.  I found the link to sign up with an Amex card shortly before seeing your reply; I tried it but of course it detected that the e-mail address is already linked to a regular Rakuten account.  I suppose I'll have to cancel it but I don't see that option either Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 29
imaximous
Valued Contributor

You’re going to have to use another email address to sign up. I did the same as you, and just wound up getting a different account.
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:
You’re going to have to use another email address to sign up. I did the same as you, and just wound up getting a different account.

I suppose I could do that since I have multiple Gmail accounts but I wanted the Rakuten account linked to a specific email address so I just sent a request to Rakuten to cancel the current account.  If that can't be done I'll use an alternate email address but hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.