Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay MasterCard Rewards... Worth it?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ebay MasterCard Rewards... Worth it?

For someone like myself that has ebay fees in the hundreds every month do the rewards equal out AT LEAST 1-1?  I know they have the categories now that seem like they are competing with some of the better cards but then I read credit reviews and some of them just BLAST GE and the trade in and I then get confused how to actually tell if I'm getting anything or not?!

Thank you.

I ship UPS 99% but I bill it to a credit card AFTER it bills to my UPS account because despite what they say my UPS tier is better than the linked tier through ebay.

I also now bill the ebay fees to a credit card vs. paying with paypal because of the rewards.

But if it doesn't really get me anything better than probably not worth opening whole new account vs. just using Amex or something (If we make it through FR!) lol

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Ebay MasterCard Rewards... Worth it?

While the rewards seem great when you read them, I've heard the redemption isnt all that good. Only real benefit would be that its GE so your limit will grow.that and the 30$ signup bonus.
Message 2 of 10
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Isn't Ebay MC Chase? Maybe I am remembering wrong... 

@jsucool76 wrote:
While the rewards seem great when you read them, I've heard the redemption isnt all that good. Only real benefit would be that its GE so your limit will grow.that and the 30$ signup bonus.

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I dont think so. The ebay MC and paypal MC are the same thing. And paypal is GE.
Message 4 of 10
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

You're right, my apologies - remembering incorrectly !!

@jsucool76 wrote:
I dont think so. The ebay MC and paypal MC are the same thing. And paypal is GE.

Message 5 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

The Fidelity American Express would be better in my opinion. There may not be limitless soft inquiry increases, but at least it is 2% everywhere and not just on Ebay.

Message 6 of 10
jwduke
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

For someone like myself that has ebay fees in the hundreds every month do the rewards equal out AT LEAST 1-1?  I know they have the categories now that seem like they are competing with some of the better cards but then I read credit reviews and some of them just BLAST GE and the trade in and I then get confused how to actually tell if I'm getting anything or not?!

Thank you.

I ship UPS 99% but I bill it to a credit card AFTER it bills to my UPS account because despite what they say my UPS tier is better than the linked tier through ebay.

I also now bill the ebay fees to a credit card vs. paying with paypal because of the rewards.

But if it doesn't really get me anything better than probably not worth opening whole new account vs. just using Amex or something (If we make it through FR!) lol

Check the interest rate out... GEMB is getting very greedy as of late....

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

Check the interest rate out... GEMB is getting very greedy as of late....

GE basically offers store cards, rather it gets Visa, Discover, Amex... it's still a store card and if it's not 0% you should not plan on using a GE backed card if you need to revolve the balances! I have done it before, not looking to do it again and not the purpose of this card for me!

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Isn't Ebay MC Chase? Maybe I am remembering wrong... 

@jsucool76 wrote:

No, Ebay is GE.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ebay Mc is exactly like Paypal Mc.
I say open it and pif. The points are awesome! Even good for gas/ restaurants.
Got approved for $2k 01/2012 here and have gone to $25k in that time.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.