Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay or Paypal cards?

tag
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Ebay or Paypal cards?

I buy lots of thing off from Ebay and thought about apping for a Ebay MC or Paypal Extras MC. I am not sure which will benefit me more or which card is the better of the two. One other thing is I just got approved for a Wally Visa a little over a month ago. Wondering if they will approve me since I just got a GE back card. No baddies or late with score ranging from 712 - 758. I would like to hear what everyone thinks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Ebay or Paypal cards?

Ebay and PayPal MC are the same card, just different name. Only uncertainty is whether or not you can use ebay MC as PayPal debit card backup funding source.

Do you currently have a CC that earns 1.5% return on generic spending? One thing you need to know about ebay/PayPal MC is that its reward point fluctuates frequently. Its point values from 0.5 cent to 0.8 cent. Occasionally GE does a holiday promotion (last one expired couple weeks ago) to let you redeem some gift cards at 1:1 redemption ratio, but most of the time its point value is less than a penny.

GE also takes its time to print out a credit card statement. Takes 10+ days after payment due date to have new statements available online.

Message 2 of 5
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

I really have a good lineup of cc. Just thought apping for this card would be benefitial since I shop on Ebay a lot. The more I thought about it the less I want it since I have freedom and Discover.

Message 3 of 5
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Ebay and PayPal MC are the same card, just different name. Only uncertainty is whether or not you can use ebay MC as PayPal debit card backup funding source.

Do you currently have a CC that earns 1.5% return on generic spending? One thing you need to know about ebay/PayPal MC is that its reward point fluctuates frequently. Its point values from 0.5 cent to 0.8 cent. Occasionally GE does a holiday promotion (last one expired couple weeks ago) to let you redeem some gift cards at 1:1 redemption ratio, but most of the time its point value is less than a penny.

GE also takes its time to print out a credit card statement. Takes 10+ days after payment due date to have new statements available online.

I thought it was just me with the statement. Getting a statement like the next month after. But this time...I got my statement this morning. Due on the 10th of November and cuts on the 18th. They are finally doing better

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 4 of 5
jwduke
Regular Contributor

One BIG problem with the PayPal /MC credit card, if you make a purchase off of Ebay, and the item is defective, PayPal/MC will not stand behind you, like a Citi, Chase, etc. major cred card will! PayPal/Ebay will tell you they will, but they will not! Ask me how I know!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.