cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit: Not hating, just hoping this will be a great card :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hating on Cap One right now... :/

CL of $3k and APR 22.99%... That is by far the highest APR I've ever had on a non-store card... (Victoria's Secret is a 24.99% standard, but they will not budge on that)

Message 11 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CL of $3k and APR 22.99%... That is by far the highest APR I've ever had on a non-store card... (Victoria's Secret is a 24.99% standard, but they will not budge on that)

I guess I know which lender I won't be pursuing for a semi-prime card in the future.

I'll keep my QS WMC and ask for APR reduction.

Message 12 of 48
red259
Super Contributor

I have been happy with my cap 1 experience, it was my first card when reentering the credit game. The pulling three bureaus sucks, but a little research beforehand would have shown that this is their MO and is to be expected. Getting the terms in the mail before the card has happened to me numerous times with different lenders, so that is not out of the ordinary. I had to wait quite awhile for my Barclays card recently and I do not remember having to wait nearly as long for my cap 1. Overall there is nothing wrong with cap 1 as a lender. You just need to research ahead of time and set your expectations accordingly. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 48
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I closed mine about 18 months ago because they weren't growing with me - Since then, I regularly get offers from them for a "rebuilder / starter" card - CL of up to $1000 and if I'm a good boy for 6 months, they may consider raising the CL - whooo hoooooo lol

I have NEVER had any derogs or lates - and current Fico of 786 - maybe they are just bitter that they got dumped?? lol

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I know which lender I won't be pursuing for a semi-prime card in the future.

We'll see how it goes once I actually get the card. Maybe it will be great from here, and it was all just a slow start... I really like the look of the Quicksilver features, that's why I applied haha.

And for semi-prime lender, were you referring to the QS, or the VS card I mentioned?

Message 15 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We'll see how it goes once I actually get the card. Maybe it will be great from here, and it was all just a slow start... I really like the look of the Quicksilver features, that's why I applied haha.

And for semi-prime lender, were you referring to the QS, or the VS card I mentioned?

QS.

CapitalOne is what I like to refer to as a semi-prime lender due to their practices.

Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Sorry to hear all your troubles with Cap-1. They still use Fico 04 for their approvals so that score is going to be quite different from the scores here on MyFico. I have received T&Cs from multiple creditors before I have received the actual cards there is nothing strange about that. There are better creditors out there than Cap-1 that is for sure but IMO they have done right by me, they gave me a card when no one else would when I was rebuilding. Yes most of the time they pull all 3 CRAs so that can be a drawback but whats done is done. You will most likely get the card this coming week, I wouldnt worry too much about not getting it Smiley Happy

Thank you haha. I'm hoping that will be the case for me, I want this to be a good card/bank Smiley Happy  Just frustrated, and had no idea if this was normal or not... I really like the look of the Quicksilver features so I'm excited to finally get it, just also a little impatient Smiley Tongue  I'm still waiting on a new CSP also, as well as new chip-versions of my existing Freedom and Discover IT cards, so I'm doing a lot of checking the mail and finding nothing Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unlike many around here, I have no issues with Cap One. I like the simplicity of 1.5% cash back on everything. My only real complaint would be the fact that they won't transfer credit lines, but for me that's minor. They also offer opportunities to starters and rebuilders that other card issuers won't touch.

I like the Quicksilver Visa as well.  I'm cancelling my rebuilder card, but the Quicksilver is easy to use and understand since I can't keep up with categories.

Message 18 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Sorry to hear all your troubles with Cap-1. They still use Fico 04 for their approvals so that score is going to be quite different from the scores here on MyFico. I have received T&Cs from multiple creditors before I have received the actual cards there is nothing strange about that. There are better creditors out there than Cap-1 that is for sure but IMO they have done right by me, they gave me a card when no one else would when I was rebuilding. Yes most of the time they pull all 3 CRAs so that can be a drawback but whats done is done. You will most likely get the card this coming week, I wouldnt worry too much about not getting it Smiley Happy

Thank you haha. I'm hoping that will be the case for me, I want this to be a good card/bank Smiley Happy  Just frustrated, and had no idea if this was normal or not... I really like the look of the Quicksilver features so I'm excited to finally get it, just also a little impatient Smiley Tongue  I'm still waiting on a new CSP also, as well as new chip-versions of my existing Freedom and Discover IT cards, so I'm doing a lot of checking the mail and finding nothing Smiley Sad

patience :-) i do remember chase being an bit slow when i got my freedom , but they were really fast when i got CSP. i think it was 2 days. Did you ask for the cards to be expedited? I am still waiting for my emv discover i don't know why i am so excited about it , its card i hardly ever use lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 48
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

A quick search will show a disproportionately large number of threads talking about how hard Crap One sucks.

Yes people do have problems with every bank.

Yes Crap One, in a large number of cases, is "there for me when no one else was". 

This is the case because out of the sub-prime cesspool, Crap One is the best of the worst.

The reason there is such a large number of threads talking about Crap One sucking isn't some kindof great mystery.  It's because they suck...

Unless of course you are in a situation like I was and like a lot of people here were where you find yourself a part of Crap One's sub-prime bread and butter target market.  At that point they are great.  There simply comes a time when you out grow them.  Just accept them for what they are and don't get your hopes up and you'll be fine.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.