cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit: Not hating, just hoping this will be a great card :)

tag
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Re: Hating on Cap One right now... :/

Nixon wrote:

They are toying with you.

Contact EO.

Do you think they will remove it? Ive had this card just under 3 years now

Thanks Nixon, I will be writting a nice Super Bowl day letter to the EO tomorrow Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditconcept wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They are toying with you.

Contact EO.

Do you think they will remove it? Ive had this card just under 3 years now

Thanks Nixon, I will be writting a nice Super Bowl day letter to the EO tomorrow Smiley Happy

I certainly hope they would. Any answer but yes should result in an immediate burning of the card. Smiley Tongue

In all seriousness, This is why I always advocate the Journey over the QS1 for an easy Capital One approval. They are extremely stubborn on the AF removal. Plus! The Journey comes with a lower APR!

Message 32 of 48
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

I certainly hope they would. Any answer but yes should result in an immediate burning of the card. Smiley Tongue

In all seriousness, This is why I always advocate the Journey over the QS1 for an easy Capital One approval. They are extremely stubborn on the AF removal. Plus! The Journey comes with a lower APR!

You are so right, wish I knew this when I was 18, just submitted like 72,000 different applications and ended up getting the cap one plat, but like you said, I hope they will remove it, I will keep you all posted of course!

thanks

Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes. I can see why that experience with Capital One would leave such a bad taste in your mouth that you'd want to close the card, but I wouldn't. You have already taken the triple pull. You might as well have something to show for it. 

Since you asked if this experience is pretty typical for Capital One, I have to say that from what I've read on here consensus would seem to indicate that this incompetence is par for the course for Capital One. However, my experience with Capital One has been great -- solid starting limit, very quick upgrade to QS (only one month after I got my Platinum), and supposedly the CSR I talked to last week put a note on my account to upgrade me to a WMC version when I become eligible.

Message 34 of 48
yfan
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

A quick search will show a disproportionately large number of threads talking about how hard Crap One sucks.

Yes people do have problems with every bank.

Yes Crap One, in a large number of cases, is "there for me when no one else was". 

This is the case because out of the sub-prime cesspool, Crap One is the best of the worst.

The reason there is such a large number of threads talking about Crap One sucking isn't some kindof great mystery.  It's because they suck...

Or, it's because people here are more likely to expect CLIs for no reason and cry about it when they don't get it much more than the general population. It could also be because this forum, for all its advantages, has superficial "feelings" for credit cards and card companies evidenced by fawning over "prime" lenders even when the card isn't so great and going absolutely nuts over "metal" cards and how they attract girls and impress friends.

Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had  a weird experience with them!  They were nice enough to give me credit when I had none & the limits were low.  Stood low forever.  I decided to call & ask why.  Their reply:  "you never asked for a CL increase".  So all went well and I do have the QS.  Thinking of changing the other to a Venture card.  I know they say FICO is the only scoring model that counts but many lenders use many different scoring models.  I don't think we could keep up with as many as there are.  I would keep the card since they did 3 HP's.  It's the norm for them to tell you your congrats & such before you actually get the card.  That letter confirms that your card should follow it.  Good luck & congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As many other said, they are new to Credit Card game, about 20ish years? 

I don't know many others said it, I saw one person post, and it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  All big banks are the results of a set of mergers, so for example Cap One has Hibernia, founded in 1870, so already over 140 years old.   Barclays US credit card operation was from Juniper, founded in 2000, so that is pretty young.

They are incredbibly successful in this market, nothing should be put down to inexperience, they have succeeded where many others have failed.

Although their US operation is new, they have been issuing bankamericard aka visa card since the 60s. They been at it for a long time and know what they are doing.

Message 37 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i must just have an soft spot for cap one because they have lowest apr for any of my cards and for an long period of time they were my highest CL. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 38 of 48
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Cap1.  I don't love them either, but 1.5% on everything is nice. I thank you for the thread, I now know that they use Mortgage score instead of bank enhanced or generic score.

Unless they gave you a $500 CL, my advise would be to use card for purchases that you aren't using other rewards cards for and/or set up auto payments for utility bills or other bills that would give low rewards on other cards.  In addition, PIF each month and wait 3 - 6 months and ask for APR reduction.  I would request APRs on a regular basis.

In my case, I'll ask for APR reductions after I've already pulled my scores from myFICO.

BTW, does anyone know what CBA Capital One uses for CLI or soft pulls? Although, I want APR reduction I'm sure they'll use the same CBA they use for CLI if they pull a report first.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes. I can see why that experience with Capital One would leave such a bad taste in your mouth that you'd want to close the card, but I wouldn't. You have already taken the triple pull. You might as well have something to show for it. 

Since you asked if this experience is pretty typical for Capital One, I have to say that from what I've read on here consensus would seem to indicate that this incompetence is par for the course for Capital One. However, my experience with Capital One has been great -- solid starting limit, very quick upgrade to QS (only one month after I got my Platinum), and supposedly the CSR I talked to last week put a note on my account to upgrade me to a WMC version when I become eligible.

Thank you! I'm hoping I will love the card Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.