Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Platinum vs. US Bank Platinum

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

Elan Platinum vs. US Bank Platinum

So ended up getting a bonus that enabled me to knock out a significant amount of my cc debt (scores to be updated next month) and I was working on a list of cards I want to get to better optimize my spend...came across the Max Cash Preferred variants from Elan Financial Services and when looking at what other cards they offered, I saw the Platinum card...which looks pretty weird

US Bank Platinum - Pretty standard offer, 0% APR for first 20 billing cycles, for balances transferred within 60 days of account opening

usbankplat.JPG

However, the Elan Platinum variant is...different

elanplat.JPG

Same 0% APR for first 20 billing cycles, but for balances transferred within 620(!) days from account opening?! I've never seen anything like that? Has anyone gotten one of these cards and taken advantage of the BT offer? I checked multiple variants and they all had that 620 days. I wonder if there's a parent template that just has a typo and this is really supposed to be 60 days.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Elan Platinum vs. US Bank Platinum

Typo. It happens.

Message 2 of 6
difringe
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Typo. It happens.

Yea, commented that it might've been a typo...only thing that gives me pause is, when I checked the Max Cash Preferred, it has a similar BT offer for balances transferred within 366 days of account opening, which is also a much longer period than I'm used to seeing

maxpref.JPG

Message 3 of 6
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@difringe wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Typo. It happens.

Yea, commented that it might've been a typo...only thing that gives me pause is, when I checked the Max Cash Preferred, it has a similar BT offer for balances transferred within 366 days of account opening, which is also a much longer period than I'm used to seeing

maxpref.JPG

I noticed This on my FNBT MCP too! 

Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@difringe wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Typo. It happens.

maxpref.JPG

I was thinking 620 was such a random number, but it is ~ 20 months (just over) so I guess it's a little possible that it's not a typo, but 20 months is usually a (long) period of 0% APR rather than time to initiate.    Many MyFicoers have got the card, met the SUB and closed it in 20 months!

Message 5 of 6
difringe
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@difringe wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Typo. It happens.

maxpref.JPG

I was thinking 620 was such a random number, but it is ~ 20 months (just over) so I guess it's a little possible that it's not a typo, but 20 months is usually a (long) period of 0% APR rather than time to initiate.    Many MyFicoers have got the card, met the SUB and closed it in 20 months!

If it really is 620 days, that's an interesting alternative to getting a known BT card (like a Citi Diamond Preferred) and keeping it post-BT in hopes that you get another BT offer. Gives you time for the auto SP CLI that I hear sometimes happens with Elan as well.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.