Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan offer: Spend $75 online, get 1,000 cash back

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Elan offer: Spend $75 online, get 1,000 cash back

@yoda42 wrote:

I recieved same offer..    so it is 3 transactions that total more than $75 right? Not $75 each? 

Would Amazon reloads work?  :-) 

I believe they code no  differently that Amazon purchases (and they are purchases, you are buying a gift card and instead of sending it they helpfully redeem it for you!) so it SHOULD work, but.....

Message 21 of 42
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yoda42 wrote:

I recieved same offer..    so it is 3 transactions that total more than $75 right? Not $75 each? 

I believe they code no  differently that Amazon purchases (and they are purchases, you are buying a gift card and instead of sending it they helpfully redeem it for you!) so it SHOULD work, but.....

I also got the "corrected" Elan offer:

Please disregard the email you were sent on Thursday, November 10, 2022, for your Elan Financial Services World Mastercard® Max Cash Preferred Card as it may have caused confusion due to some inaccurately stated terms. We are providing you with the corrected, valid offer below.

Earn $20 Cash Back when you shop online for holiday gifts and more. Your card has been automatically enrolled in this exclusive online offer.

• Shop online for the holidays with your Elan Financial Services World Mastercard® Max Cash Preferred Card

• Simply make 4 online transactions totaling $75 or more with your Max Cash Preferred Card by December 31, 2022

• Earn $20 Cash Back¹

We appreciate your business and apologize for any confusion this may have caused. If you have any questions, please contact our 24-hour Cardmember Service Department at 800-558-3424.

SD - Biz -
Message 22 of 42
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@unsungivy wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yoda42 wrote:

I also got the "corrected" Elan offer:

Please disregard the email you were sent on Thursday, November 10, 2022, for your Elan Financial Services World Mastercard® Max Cash Preferred Card as it may have caused confusion due to some inaccurately stated terms. We are providing you with the corrected, valid offer below.

Earn $20 Cash Back when you shop online for holiday gifts and more. Your card has been automatically enrolled in this exclusive online offer.

• Shop online for the holidays with your Elan Financial Services World Mastercard® Max Cash Preferred Card

• Simply make 4 online transactions totaling $75 or more with your Max Cash Preferred Card by December 31, 2022

• Earn $20 Cash Back¹

We appreciate your business and apologize for any confusion this may have caused. If you have any questions, please contact our 24-hour Cardmember Service Department at 800-558-3424.

Considering that my utilities bills through this card, online, I'm wondering if they will count, since it says "online transactions", not retail purchases.

SD - Biz -
Message 23 of 42
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

Wow I knew it was very likely an error, but for the corrected offer that showed up in my email to be only $10, I'm pretty unhappy.  I had already made all 3 purchases of $75+ and paid them off.  Going to call and complain which I am sure will prove pointless, but I mean $10 **bleep**?

Here was my lame correction email-

elan bs 2022-11-19_18-05-02.jpg

(Ch7 Discharged 12/12) AvgScore 807

Personal-
NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU Flagship 20k | NFCU More Rewards 10k | NFCU NavChek PLOC 15k | PenFed Power Cash 25k | PenFed Gold 15k | PenFed Pathfinder 10k | PenFed OLOC 3K | GTE Financial CU 15k | VyStar CU Cash Back 25k | VyStar CU PLOC 15k | FNBO Evergreen 25k | FNBO 11.85K | BofA Cash Rewards 10.1k | Capital One Venture 13k | Capital One QS 7k | PNC Cash Rewards 15.5k | Citi Costco 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ 10k | Discover 14.8k | Discover 14.1k | Regions Cash 6k | Truist Enjoy Cash 9k | Truist Future 6.5k | Elan Max Cash 7k | Wells Fargo Reflect 20k | Fifth Third 7k | USAA PrefRew 15k | CFNA Tires Plus MC 8k | GM Rewards 3.5k | TD Bank Cash 3.5k | Amex BCP 3K | Lowes Store 30k | Sleep Number Store 13.5k | Home Depot Store 10k | Amazon Store 10k | Care Credit 15k | Walmart Store 6k | JCrew 25k | Jared 18.6k | HSN 4.1K | King Size 4k | Buckle 3.1k

Business-
Amex BBC 25k | Amex BBP 22k | Amex Business Platinum NPSL 30.4kPoT | Citizens Business Everyday 35k | Sams Club Business MC 25K | US Bank Business Plat 24k | Capital One Spark 2% 22k | Marcus GM Business 12.5k | Capital On Tap 2% 10k | Chase Ink 3k | Divvy 7k | PNC BLOC 50K | Citizens BLOC 50K | (Private) BLOC 75K | WEX Business Access Fuel 30k | Sams Bus Store 25k
Message 24 of 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TryItAgain wrote:

Wow I knew it was very likely an error, but for the corrected offer that showed up in my email to be only $10, I'm pretty unhappy.  I had already made all 3 purchases of $75+ and paid them off.  Going to call and complain which I am sure will prove pointless, but I mean $10 **bleep**?

Come on, why are you surprised!  1000 points (which was the clear intention) = $10 and $10 back for $75 spend is a pretty respectable 13+% plus the rewards on the card .   Yes, small amount compared to $1000 but were you REALLY expecting that?  

Message 25 of 42
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@TryItAgain wrote:

elan bs 2022-11-19_18-05-02.jpg

We literally told you over and over that "1,000" meant $10, because that's what points translate to. Any shock and dismay is 100% on you refusing to listen. Additionally, I also said that the MC and Visa versions of the MCP get different deals ($20 vs $10 for the same spend), so again, you were advised about this.

There is nothing "lame" here at all. $10 back on $75 spend is still a great BONUS return on spend you'd already be doing. Enjoy your free money.

Oh, and just some info: I had previously qualified for this same offer with them over the summer, and the cashback shows up as a statement credit as opposed to in your rewards. As I had already paid my balance by the time it posted, and didn't use the card for another few months, they decided to send me a check for the positive balance on my account.

SD - Biz -
Message 26 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TryItAgain wrote:

Come on, why are you surprised!  1000 points (which was the clear intention) = $10 and $10 back for $75 spend is a pretty respectable 13+% plus the rewards on the card .   Yes, small amount compared to $1000 but were you REALLY expecting that?  

This^^^

Sure, a typo and an apology/clarification communication sent regarding the misprint, but no reasonable or logical individual was likely to expect $1,000 just for spending $75.

Yes, it will be a pointless discussion with a representative as they have better things to do 🤷‍♂️

Message 27 of 42
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

You're crazy if you really thought the offer was $1000 for $75 spend.  Even if they actually said that by mistake, there's no way they would honor it.  It would be cheaper to take it to court.

Lame or not, they pretty obviously meant $10.  Take it or leave it.

Message 28 of 42
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yeah but it was all fun to watch, not to mention a good reason to eat popcorn. Y'all are hilarious sometimes 🙂

Message 29 of 42
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

Lol of course I Never expected $1k, but $10 seems like a joke for the spend, even $20 is reasonable.

I'm not truly mad, just a little miffed as it doesn't even equal other cards standard cashback rates.

(Ch7 Discharged 12/12) AvgScore 807

Personal-
NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU Flagship 20k | NFCU More Rewards 10k | NFCU NavChek PLOC 15k | PenFed Power Cash 25k | PenFed Gold 15k | PenFed Pathfinder 10k | PenFed OLOC 3K | GTE Financial CU 15k | VyStar CU Cash Back 25k | VyStar CU PLOC 15k | FNBO Evergreen 25k | FNBO 11.85K | BofA Cash Rewards 10.1k | Capital One Venture 13k | Capital One QS 7k | PNC Cash Rewards 15.5k | Citi Costco 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ 10k | Discover 14.8k | Discover 14.1k | Regions Cash 6k | Truist Enjoy Cash 9k | Truist Future 6.5k | Elan Max Cash 7k | Wells Fargo Reflect 20k | Fifth Third 7k | USAA PrefRew 15k | CFNA Tires Plus MC 8k | GM Rewards 3.5k | TD Bank Cash 3.5k | Amex BCP 3K | Lowes Store 30k | Sleep Number Store 13.5k | Home Depot Store 10k | Amazon Store 10k | Care Credit 15k | Walmart Store 6k | JCrew 25k | Jared 18.6k | HSN 4.1K | King Size 4k | Buckle 3.1k

Business-
Amex BBC 25k | Amex BBP 22k | Amex Business Platinum NPSL 30.4kPoT | Citizens Business Everyday 35k | Sams Club Business MC 25K | US Bank Business Plat 24k | Capital One Spark 2% 22k | Marcus GM Business 12.5k | Capital On Tap 2% 10k | Chase Ink 3k | Divvy 7k | PNC BLOC 50K | Citizens BLOC 50K | (Private) BLOC 75K | WEX Business Access Fuel 30k | Sams Bus Store 25k
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.