Did you mean: 

Elan "Max Cash" -vs- US Bank Cash+

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Elan "Max Cash" -vs- US Bank Cash+

@Anonymous wrote:

Data point:

Approved for Max Cash card by Elan through one of the banks with branches in my hometown.  

I had opened five personal cards and two business cards in the previous 12 months.  But one personal card in the previous six months.  Per Credit Karma, scores 802 to 813.  

Thanks AimHigh!

How many inquiries in the last 6/12 months?

Message 161 of 926
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

How generous were they with the Starting Limit and which credit bureau did they pull?  

$20K.  Not sure which bureau.

Message 162 of 926
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Data point:

Approved for Max Cash card by Elan through one of the banks with branches in my hometown.  

I had opened five personal cards and two business cards in the previous 12 months.  But one personal card in the previous six months.  Per Credit Karma, scores 802 to 813.  

Thanks AimHigh!

How many inquiries in the last 6/12 months?

Besides the cards I opened (mentioned above), one business card rejection, one personal card rejection, and one auto loan approval in the last six months.

Message 163 of 926
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

please do pass along your experiences with it.  

When I applied, I was approved for an "offer."  Never seen that before.  I could either accept the terms of the offer (which included starting limit, APR, etc.) or decline the offer.  I accepted.  Took about a week for the card to arrive.

The card itself just has the bank name on it.  No mention of "Max Cash" anywhere.  

The website is pretty basic but functional.  Like some other issuers, I found it works best for me in Google Chrome.  I had trouble setting up my rewards categories in a different browser.  

My first statement closing date is about 16 days from the date I received the card.  So I'll wait until the closing date passes to meet the SUB.  That way I'll have the full grace period.

Message 164 of 926
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y'all making me want to jump the garden fence. I keep having to breathe and remind myself that April is not far away...

Message 165 of 926
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

Y'all making me want to jump the garden fence. I keep having to breathe and remind myself that April is not far away...

I feel you man! 😂

I'm afraid getting my NFCU card in August May hurt me, so I'm going to wait and try to do the double whammy in June, and get a Cash + and Max Cash . 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 166 of 926
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel you man! 😂

I'm afraid getting my NFCU card in August May hurt me, so I'm going to wait and try to do the double whammy in June, and get a Cash + and Max Cash . 

I'm just telling myself that I should be able to get a new video card or a new console in April so I should save the SUB for that. It's working... for now. Lol

Message 167 of 926
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel you man! 😂

I'm just telling myself that I should be able to get a new video card or a new console in April so I should save the SUB for that. It's working... for now. Lol

I have quite a few positive things that will help my profile before now and then. My AAoA will cross another threshold before then, I'll have a total of 9 HPs fall off and my AOD card will turn 1 yr old. I think by then I'll be a little over 800 on all bureaus, so my profile should be pretty attractive by then. I will also have had the opportunity to try to for several more CLIs by then as well. Who knows, maybe even Disco will have given me a CLI by then! 😂😂😂

(Not holding my breath on that one!) 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 168 of 926
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I need a MC version of this card. I know in one of the earlier posts there were a couple of them mentioned, and a Google search brings up a few more. I wish there were a way to see all MC versions of this card I could chose from, as most of them seem to be Visa. I would like to pick this card up in conjunction with the Cash+ to have 4 more 5% rotating categories. My gas company only takes MC and Disco so Visa for the utilities category isn't an option. I'm waiting until June when I'll be 0/12, then I'll app for Cash+, then probably wait 90 days and app for one of these MC versions of an Elan card. At least I have some time in the garden to see if I can find which bank would be best to app for. It probably doesn't really make a difference, honestly. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 169 of 926
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I need a MC version of this card. I know in one of the earlier posts there were a couple of them mentioned, and a Google search brings up a few more. I wish there were a way to see all MC versions of this card I could chose from, as most of them seem to be Visa. I would like to pick this card up in conjunction with the Cash+ to have 4 more 5% rotating categories. My gas company only takes MC and Disco so Visa for the utilities category isn't an option. I'm waiting until June when I'll be 0/12, then I'll app for Cash+, then probably wait 90 days and app for one of these MC versions of an Elan card. At least I have some time in the garden to see if I can find which bank would be best to app for. It probably doesn't really make a difference, honestly. 

This isn't that, but maybe it'll be helpful if you have a lot of time to do research. By tweaking the URL, I have complied a list of about 250 organizations (mostly banks and CUs, but a few trade unions and other associations) that appear to have Elan-issued cards. It's too messy to post here, but I can DM it to you if you want it. You could Google the FIs, one at a time, and check the Credit Card sections of their websites until you found one you like that offers a Max Cash MC.

Message 170 of 926
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.