Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan secured card graduation

tag
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

Elan secured card graduation

Cue Pomp and Circumstance. My Elan Secured Visa (Anderson Brothers Bank) was cleared for graduation. I opened it Mar 2018 with $500. In 2019 I bumped the deposit up to $5,000. I called in last Monday and requested the upgrade. They did do a hp on my tu file. Today I received three separate envelopes in the mail. One contained a new car (same account num), the second contained the new terms and the third contained a check for my deposits and $1.16 in interest I earned over the almost four years. The line is remaining at $5k which I am good with on this account. I am happy I did not have to lose my oldest active cc line and was able to get the upgrade. Now I just have to remember to buy something on it every three months or so to keep them from shutting me down. It has no benefits so it is in no danger of being in the main rotation. I tried to be thorough for anyone who in the future who may have questions about graduation in the future. If I left something out please ask.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Elan secured card graduation

Congratulations on your secure card graduation!! 

Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 3 of 9
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Perhaps you will be eligible for a PC to one of the great rewards cards like the Max Cash Preferred?

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 4 of 9
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!! What an amazing feeling, right? 

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 5 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your ELAN Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 6 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Elan graduation!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on your GraduationSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats, and you can likely PC your existing card to one of their rewards products.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.