Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email From Citi CEO

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Email From Citi CEO

We listen to suggestions from our Cardmembers and are working hard to improve your experience with your Citi Card, including changes to make managing your account more simple. We understand that flexibility in managing your payments is important. For your convenience we are extending the payment deadline to midnight (ET) for both online and telephone payments effective immediately so you have more time on your due date to pay your bill. You can learn about this and more on my blog post. While we are pleased to make this improvement, we know there is more work to be done to make sure you are satisfied. We promise to continue to work hard every day to keep earning your business. Warm regards, CEO, Citi Cards

edit to remove an individual's name

Thanks,

webhopper

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Email From Citi CEO

I got the same email today I guess I figured they were just blowing smoke.  To me thats not the improvements that I am looking for, how about some better rewards like chase has.

Message 2 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:
We listen to suggestions from our Cardmembers and are working hard to improve your experience with your Citi Card, including changes to make managing your account more simple. We understand that flexibility in managing your payments is important. For your convenience we are extending the payment deadline to midnight (ET) for both online and telephone payments effective immediately so you have more time on your due date to pay your bill. You can learn about this and more on my blog post. While we are pleased to make this improvement, we know there is more work to be done to make sure you are satisfied. We promise to continue to work hard every day to keep earning your business. Warm regards, CEO, Citi Cards

I don't currently have any relationship with Citi, but I suppose that's a "nice" email. I'm sure, however, that consumers are MOST interested in lower APRs and more frequent/larger CLIs. All CCC should know this is where they can do the most good.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

i'm more interested in rewards of any kind than anything else.

I don't really care much bout APRs because I don't leave huge balances on my cards nor should I see why I ought to leave balances on a card. If I ever need credit extended to me for an extended period of time, that's when a personal loan would come in, not a credit card.

As for CLIs, all prime lenders are pretty generous with CLIs with a high income and spotless credit report.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

I don't currently have any relationship with Citi, but I suppose that's a "nice" email. I'm sure, however, that consumers are MOST interested in lower APRs and more frequest/larger CLIs. All CCC should know this is where they can do the most good.

While that may be what people would like, it greatly increases their risk with defaults and amount they'd lose.

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

I don't currently have any relationship with Citi, but I suppose that's a "nice" email. I'm sure, however, that consumers are MOST interested in lower APRs and more frequest/larger CLIs. All CCC should know this is where they can do the most good.

While that may be what people would like, it greatly increases their risk with defaults and amount they'd lose.

Yes, I doubt if most CONSUMERS (as compared to MyFico people) are concerned with CLIs at all, and probably only slightly aware of APRs.  But good rewards would get some attention.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.