cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email offer to PC Citi Dividend to Double Cash?

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Email offer to PC Citi Dividend to Double Cash?

Hi,

My SO has an old Citi Dividend card that we have kept just in case they have some useful 5% category. The card was discontinued sometime back, but as far as we read old customer can keep on using that. Also I know Citi still PCs other cards to Divident though it is disconinued. 

Today my SO got an email offer asking her to PC her Dividend to DC with $100 bonus on $500 purchase. IAs we have a few 2% cards already we are not interested in the offer. But my question is that what if Citi is going to close Dividend completely? Is that the reason for this email? Has someone heard something of this sort?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email offer to PC Citi Dividend to Double Cash?

My wife's got a dividend card that I Au on, and at one point around late summer or so last year they were really pressuring her to PC to double cash - must have gotten at least 4-5 mailers about it. At the time we didn't change because I was interested it holding onto it in case the categories favored us. But they're all crap and I'm not expecting them to improve anytime soon.

I suspect they're preparing to discontinue the card entirely including existing cards but I'm of the mind that any existing cards will get PC'd rather than closed. I've got no hard info to back up my theory but it's how I see this playing out.
Message 2 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Well, the Dividend has been unavailable for applications for several years now, so my guess is yes, eventually they plan to force convert. How long from now that will be is anyone's guess, but as I said, it's already been a few years.

I don't think they would outright close the cards; most likely there will just be an eventual forced PC to Double Cash. They have been "suggesting" cardholders PC to Double Cash for awhile now; eventually they just won't give them a choice is my guess.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Well, the Dividend has been unavailable for applications for several years now, so my guess is yes, eventually they plan to force convert. How long from now that will be is anyone's guess, but as I said, it's already been a few years.

I don't think they would outright close the cards; most likely there will just be an eventual forced PC to Double Cash. They have been "suggesting" cardholders PC to Double Cash for awhile now; eventually they just won't give them a choice is my guess.

What happens if we already have a Citi Double Cash MC Card? For myself, I do not need another credit card and certainly not a second DC! Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Right, in the same way as the forced conversion of Forward to TY Pref after quite a while (except in that case I don't think there was any suggestion prior to doing a converstion, in fact it was not allowed!)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.