Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to CEO for product change/CLI

tag
Washin17
Regular Contributor

Email to CEO for product change/CLI

Hello all!  I have been desperatley trying to get a CLI from both of my capital one (QS1 $750 and $500) and Best Buy Mastercard ($300).  I have had these cards for about 9 years now and have not received any kind of CLI.  With the last cycle I paid them down to $0 and requested an increase and was denied again.  I dont understand it.  My fico 8 scores are between 690-715.  I dont have any lates.  I do have on unpaid medical collection currently being disputed on TU and EX.  I understand that these are starter cards but I do expect them to grow some as my profile grows.  I also have a Barclays apple rewards that I would also like to PC.

Can someone provide me with a sample of an email or letter they sent to the ceo for a cli or product change?  I know its a long shot but I want to try before I close these accounts.  I have a NFCU card that I opened in September limit went from $4600-$11600 in 5 months!

Starting Score: 530EQ, 531TU, 514EX (0/2016)
Current Score: 686EQ, 710TU, 686EX (03/2017)
Goal Score: 750+ (01/2018)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email to CEO for product change/CLI

@Washin17wrote:

Hello all!  I have been desperatley trying to get a CLI from both of my capital one (QS1 $750 and $500) and Best Buy Mastercard ($300).  I have had these cards for about 9 years now and have not received any kind of CLI.  With the last cycle I paid them down to $0 and requested an increase and was denied again.  I dont understand it.  My fico 8 scores are between 690-715.  I dont have any lates.  I do have on unpaid medical collection currently being disputed on TU and EX.  I understand that these are starter cards but I do expect them to grow some as my profile grows.  I also have a Barclays apple rewards that I would also like to PC.

Can someone provide me with a sample of an email or letter they sent to the ceo for a cli or product change?  I know its a long shot but I want to try before I close these accounts.  I have a NFCU card that I opened in September limit went from $4600-$11600 in 5 months!

I'm definitely not an expert (or even close) but by reading on here over the last couple years, my own understanding of this is that the card you have is probably stuck in a "bucket" with Capital One. Therefore, you would need to apply for a new card with your improved credit standing. Possibly apply for one new card, then later combine the limits instead of closing the accounts?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried this link? It's kind of a secret direct connection to a cap 1 PC page:

http://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you have had a Best Buy card for 9 years and its,still at $300 then it must seriously be bracketed or something in your profile prevented increases the last couple years. With scores like yours, hp cli increases should have been possible with Best Buy though i do understand they may have been someone else before Citi got the portfolio. The cap one is highly likely bracketed as well. App a new card or pc seems like only options.
Message 4 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Washin17wrote:

Which NFCU card do you have?   If you have CashRewards, it's basically the same as the QS.    So that may be something to consider if you close the Cap One cards.

If your profile has improved since you obtained the QS1 cards, I would hop onto Chat and see if you have any offers to PC (or you can use the link provided earlier in the thread).   You might need to move to QS before you see a movement in CL.  You might also consider consolidating the QS1 cards.

Is there a particular reason you want to keep both QS1 cards open, like AAoA?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarthwrote:

@Washin17wrote:

Which NFCU card do you have?   If you have CashRewards, it's basically the same as the QS.    So that may be something to consider if you close the Cap One cards.

If your profile has improved since you obtained the QS1 cards, I would hop onto Chat and see if you have any offers to PC (or you can use the link provided earlier in the thread).   You might need to move to QS before you see a movement in CL.  You might also consider consolidating the QS1 cards.

Hello.  Do you happen to have a link to the C1 Chat option?  I do not see it under the Contact Us for my accounts. Either I'm blind or it's buried on the site?

Message 6 of 15
jl4
Established Contributor

Supposedly if you login, pick your card, hit More Account Services, and wait a few minutes, a Chat option should appear based on what I've seen from secondhand acocunts.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 7 of 15
Washin17
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Have you tried this link? It's kind of a secret direct connection to a cap 1 PC page:

http://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Yes, unfortunatley it tells me im not able to upgrade.

Message 8 of 15
Washin17
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
If you have had a Best Buy card for 9 years and its,still at $300 then it must seriously be bracketed or something in your profile prevented increases the last couple years. With scores like yours, hp cli increases should have been possible with Best Buy though i do understand they may have been someone else before Citi got the portfolio. The cap one is highly likely bracketed as well. App a new card or pc seems like only options.

To be pair I can understand not being able to upgrade in the past but I honestly dont understand at this point. I have paid the balance off and yeary im charged the $59 fee.  At the moment my utilization is high.  It was 80% but I have since paid it down to roughy 45%.  That may be one of the factors but still $300 is a joke.  The claim they soft pulled my equifax but I dont see a soft pull anywhere.  No collections no late payments on equifax.

Message 9 of 15
Washin17
Regular Contributor

@SunriseEarthwrote:

@Washin17wrote:

Yes I have the cash rewards.  Its fine if its the same as the QS, I cant even get them to product change me to that.  I tried the chat they gave me this bogus pasted script of " we review the account blah blah".  I dont want open any more new accounts.  I recently opended the NFCU, the AMX delta and a discover secured (did not mean to open this the CSR lied to me and I closed it but had not idea it would still affect my AAoA or I would have left it open to growSmiley Sad).  If I combine the QS1 my AAoA would be affected for another 10 years when its no longer reporting, is that correct.  The problem is they are my oldest accounts.  Them along with First Premier, CC and Credit 1.  All are paid off and Im going to close them for sure but wanted to wait another 3 months so that if doesnt affect my utilization.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.