Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency situation - How to not ruin my credit

tag
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Re: Emergency situation - How to not ruin my credit

Maybe I can leave it vague and say:

It is my hope that you can reconsider my application.
Message 61 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my hope that you will reconsider my application and approve me for my requested amount so that I can begin building a solid relationship with nfcu. Attached are my pay stubs. Further documentation will be made available upon request. Thank you.

Message 62 of 75
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Well I sent a message along with my last 4 pay stubs. Hopefully they offer me something. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out.

Message 63 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jg1983 wrote:

Well I sent a message along with my last 4 pay stubs. Hopefully they offer me something. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out.

Best luck!

Message 64 of 75
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

What happen OP?

Message 65 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates?   We are all cheering for you!   Good luck!

Message 66 of 75
jg1983
Regular Contributor

I have not received a reply yet. How long should it normally take for them to reply? I think the website said give them one to two business days. Hopefully I get an aanswer soon. I am planning to go to the dealership today to pick up my car. I am going to try to drive it home. It drives but the engine has a loud knock. I have AAA (in case my beater dies on the side of the road) which I can use in case I don't make it all the way. I figure I need a new engine anyways so no reason to worry about doing further damage. I'm just going to find my own mechanic to do the work. The dealership was going to give me $2000 towards the repairs but they want almost that much just for labor and another shop quoted me $800-$1000 for labor so I might pay a little more in the end but it will buy me a little more time.
Message 67 of 75
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Just got the following message from NFCU:

Navy Federal Response 01/23/2017 : Thank you for your eMessage, Mr. ###. If you would like us to reconsider your recently declined application, we kindly ask that you submit a new application for review. You can expedite this process by speaking with a Member Service Representative by telephone at 1-888-842-6328 or in a Navy Federal branch. We note that we do not require a written appeal to reconsider your application. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Message 68 of 75
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Anyone think it is worth calling or is it just a waste of time and another credit pull? On another note I used my AAA to have my car towed home. They cover 100 miles and it was 98 miles so I got lucky with that.
Message 69 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it would hurt to call and talk to them about your chances of getting approved. I wouldn't do a hard pull again until you feel confident about your chances for being approved from that conversation.

Message 70 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.