cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enharu, Creditaddict, and other CC gurus.

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Enharu, Creditaddict, and other CC gurus.

32K + car 

Victory shogun 

Bravo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 41 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 42 of 58
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Great Spree!!!!!! 

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 43 of 58
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats, nice line up!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 44 of 58
enharu
Super Contributor

Sorry for the very late response! Some work cropped up immediately after I answered your other thread and then I somehow missed this topic :/

Grats on the approvals so far! Those are very nice initial CLs.

Are you still looking to get more cards, or are you done with your current spree? Smiley Tongue

The 5X TY offer is only valid in branches, so it's going to be quite a drive for you if you want to get that. You could try calling the branch directly though. The bankers might be willing to help you apply over the phone. Citi has a 1 app per 24 hours, 2 apps maximum per 60 day period limit, so you still can put in 1 more app! 

If you spend quite a bit on groceries and think you will exceed the BCE cap, the Barclays Sallie Mae Mastercard also offers 5% up to $250 each month for groceries, 5% for gas up to $250, 5% for books up to $750 (works for Amazon).

Check out the US Bank Cash+ as well! https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/cash-plus-signature.html

It's been heavily nerfed compared to its original offerings, but I think it's still a really nice card considering it has no annual fee. 

You can also consider the Fidelity cards! https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/american-express-cards

I assume you are interested in, or already have, retirement planning accounts. There's a good promo as well going on to get extra miles right now. http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/07/22/fidelity-miles/#more-35819

Certain cards, such as the Barclays Arrival, have a really nice sign-up bonus that you can consider as well. Could always use it to pay for part of the family vacation expenses. Do you travel overseas frequently? If so you can check out more no FTF cards as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 45 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
@longtimelurker please keep us informed of that discussion. There are branches near me, so I would be very eager to hear the results of your phone call!

So, I stupidly assumed that this would be a simple question!   I phoned my local branch and asked.  "Oh, we have lots of credit card offers."   Well, that's very nice but I had a specific question.  She went to check, and came back saying that you can choose among a wide range of offers, some want gas, some want groceries etc....

So, I tried another branch.  But this one went to Citi's call center.  When I finally connected, I was told that Marketing provides offers based on accounts, and he would have to look up my account.  I told him it was a new account, and he said that I would have to come in to a branch.

tl;dr Still don't know!

Message 46 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Checking a third branch, yes, still available.   5x for 12 months, and I think she said 15K TY after spending $1,000.

So, there in Cambridge MA and hopefully elsewhere.

Message 47 of 58

@longtimelurker wrote:

Checking a third branch, yes, still available.   5x for 12 months, and I think she said 15K TY after spending $1,000.

So, there in Cambridge MA and hopefully elsewhere.

I recently just got the TYP and it only gave me 7.5k after $500 over 3 months. Do you actually have to go into the branch to get these benefits? 

@Also, congrats @Shogun, I got way to excited reading about your success. I hope my next spree goes that well, especially since its cards I need!

NFCU FLagship $14k | BofA Plat PLUS $2k | Slate $2.5k | USAA Amex $4k | IT $4k | USAA World $7.5k | Citi TYP $4.5k |
EX FICO-762(Jun '13) EQ FICO-762(Jun'13) TU FICO-785(Jun'13)

Message 48 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

AFAIK, the 5x benefits are now branch only.  This is (now) the TY card, not TYP.

Was yours a special link?   The normal offer on the website is I think 15K for $1000

Message 49 of 58

I applied through the online offer and it said 15k for $1000 but after i got approved they sent me an email that said "dont forget your card will give you 7.5k pts for $500...."

NFCU FLagship $14k | BofA Plat PLUS $2k | Slate $2.5k | USAA Amex $4k | IT $4k | USAA World $7.5k | Citi TYP $4.5k |
EX FICO-762(Jun '13) EQ FICO-762(Jun'13) TU FICO-785(Jun'13)

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.