Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equality Card closure notice

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Equality Card closure notice

I find it odd that they would pay out so much money just to get rid of people that don't meet their score standards.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 11 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It's your basic risk mitigation.  $1250 though seems a bit overboard but, in comparison to people filing complaints with various agencies due to AA it's probably easier.  

Especially if they're changing the terms of the account in the first 12 months which would fall under the CARD act and probably why they're paying people off so they don't get a fine from doing so.

If I could get $1250 for doing something I was doing anyways with PIF then I'd just take the money and run.  

Message 12 of 30
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

I find it odd that they would pay out so much money just to get rid of people that don't meet their score standards.

When I called I was told that the minimum FICO score is 650 which I'm above.  She said that they take into account the balance on the card which is most likely my situation.  I went from zero for the past year or so to 4200 on a 5000 card.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 30
12njoy
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

It's your basic risk mitigation.  $1250 though seems a bit overboard but, in comparison to people filing complaints with various agencies due to AA it's probably easier.  

Especially if they're changing the terms of the account in the first 12 months which would fall under the CARD act and probably why they're paying people off so they don't get a fine from doing so.

If I could get $1250 for doing something I was doing anyways with PIF then I'd just take the money and run.  

PIF, I'm running fast.  She said it would show closed by consumer.  Show me the money.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 30
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

PIF, I'm running fast.  She said it would show closed by consumer.  Show me the money.

Too bad they werent giving an extra $250 for PIF now..LOL

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 15 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I might have to get approved for this card and rack up a balance close to the limit and get this bonus Smiley Happy..  Amazing they are willing to mitigate a very trivial risk with such a big payout unless there is more to the story being the underwritting bank is in some trouble or something and they need to come up with x reserves?   That is just a crazy payout to get you to pay off your balance as your FICOs are way above what the requirements are for that card as it was a pretty easy casd to get back in the days and probably still is.

Message 16 of 30
elim
Senior Contributor

Wow, That's a solid exit bonus! Makes me want to app for it and max it out. Smiley Wink Crazy they don't just balance chase you until you get mad enough to PIF.

Message 17 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

When I called I was told that the minimum FICO score is 650 which I'm above.  She said that they take into account the balance on the card which is most likely my situation.  I went from zero for the past year or so to 4200 on a 5000 card.

12 with all the cards you have and high limits why in the world would you bang one at 84%?  I had to google the card and I have to say nothing special on rewards, it looks like it's a social advocacy card.

Congrats on getting $1,250 from them though and 5k loss is a spit in th ocean for you.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 18 of 30
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

Have you replaced the limit with something else yet?Smiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 19 of 30
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Has anyone received the following notice?  If so, has anyone taken advantage of it? 

Dear EqualityCard® Cardholder:

Due to some recent changes in the relationship that The EqualityCard® Project has with the issuing bank of the EqualityCard® Visa, we are required to make some changes to our cardholder accounts that will affect you. Going forward, we will no longer be able to approve or service accounts for cardholders with limited credit experience or those for which the primary cardholder has a FICO credit score that is currently below the threshold set by our issuing bank partner.  Your account has been deemed to fall into one of those categories.
Special Offer Details
Due to the satisfactory manner in which you have handled your EqualityCard® Visa account, you qualify to take advantage of a special offer designed to make the transition to a new credit card easier. As a reward for paying off the balance owing on your account and closing your EqualityCard® Visa we will provide you a cash reward as described below.
If You Payoff Your Balance Within 45 Days
You will receive $1250
If You Payoff Your Balance Within 90 Days
You will receive $750
If you have any questions regarding this offer, or if you have special circumstances that you would like to make us aware of, please call our 
Special Offer Hotline at 303-817-2591
or email us at:

Cha-Ching!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.