cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score is great! Which credit cards pull Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax score is great! Which credit cards pull Equifax?

I've been scouring the boards for this but haven't found anything yet - I hope y'all can give me some good pointers. 

I've also checked whogavemecredit.com and it's hard to separate the info there - if you search for a card based on your Equifax score, it shows all cards offered - even those that actually pulled TU or EXP.  

Any help would be so much appreciated!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax score is great! Which credit cards pull Equifax?

utah2009 wrote:

I've been scouring the boards for this but haven't found anything yet - I hope y'all can give me some good pointers. 

I've also checked whogavemecredit.com and it's hard to separate the info there - if you search for a card based on your Equifax score, it shows all cards offered - even those that actually pulled TU or EXP.  

if you don't belong to one, join a credit union, many pull EQ:  http://www.creditunionswork.com/why.php

nordstrom, an excellent card, pulled EQ for me too.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do belong to a CU - but they pull Experian.  I'll look into Nordstrom's - is that a department store card only or a general visa?
Message 3 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

if you app the visa they will consider you for the store card if you don't qualify for the visa, both are best in class candidates for sure. i  apped the visa and got the store card a few months ago.  the card is one of my two favorites.  

after the 6-7 month you can readily upgrade a store card to the visa.  they're often applauded for top notch cs as well.  i believe the lowest apr currently available is tier 1 = 7.9% a rarity for a store card really.  nordstrom bank, who underwrites, is a v. strong bank.  a real winner. 

also, imho it can be beneficial to belong to more than one CU, since one may offer better rates on this or that, and it sounds like you may have room for an EQ pulling CU in your 'roster'.  here's an example of an excellent one that seems to have had a spike in popularity recently.  you can be preapproved for their loan products upon online application under the one pull if you qualify.

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Credit Union, PenFed Credit Union, USAA
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

utah2009 wrote:
We do belong to a CU - but they pull Experian.  I'll look into Nordstrom's - is that a department store card only or a general visa?

It may depend on location.But Nordstrom pull EX for me in so cal. They offer both store card and a Nordstrom branded visa.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@utah2009 wrote:

Check into GEMB they seem to love to pull EQ.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

In NC they pulled EQ for:

American Dream (HSBC)

Alliant CU

Kay (Sterling)

Jarreds (Sterling)

Best Buy (HSBC)

Nordstrom (Nordstrom Bank)

Sears (Citi)

Exxon (Citi)

Sunoco (Citi)

Badcocks (In House but really good deals and no interest plans)

Pulled Two but second was soft with these:

Chevron (GEMB) TU,EQ

Target (Target Bank) EX, EQ

Zales (Citi) EX,EQ

Compiled from me and wifes App Sprees....

Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-02-2009 07:44 AM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!  Thanks for the great information.  Just applied at Alliant and received $10,000 at about 12%.   I could not have done that on my own - your recommendations are superb and helped me find the Alliant threads here (Alliant Credit Union rocks, Alliant Credit Union tips, and one or two others).  This board has truly knocked my socks off!  Thanks so much for the help.  We're rebuilding - so thank you thank you!
Message 9 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

nice!!  super congrats! my alliant cc showed up in the mail yesterday, cl is 6.5k.  it's my first cu card and highest limit so far (used to be a 10k amex which is now chased to 2100)...a little cu justice for us perhaps?  lol Smiley Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 04-03-2009 04:52 AM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.