cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever feel like your tired of managing CC's??

tag
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ever feel like your tired of managing CC's??

I normally just pay when the due date is and be done with it. Of course I was using just one card, my CSP. Now that I PC'd my slate to freedom, I am trying to maximize rewards. Add that with trying to use the bonus categories on discover as well as using my BCE, I am starting to think that I need to go back to maybe one or two cards and thats it. Its a struggle because I like all my cards but I dont really care to mess with it in depth like this. Add to the fact that I am trying to make my reports look for my my 61 day 3x CLI with amex. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 11 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

count me in. I care about utilization more than I should. Next I'm going to set up automatic payments to pay off reported balances, and prepay small purchases on cards that I use just once a month to maintain activity,

Message 12 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Well i'm there right now Smiley Very Happy

Such a PITA lately!!! Smiley Mad

Love it with new approvals and CLI's...hate it when CL have been stagnant for a long time...like now...Smiley Frustrated!!!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 13 of 18
TM82
Regular Contributor

Not at all for me. I don't really manage anything. I have all my cards on auto pay for full amount. I login 2 days later after the payment went out, review the activity, then make another payment for the current balance and I'm done with it. Nothing really for me to manage.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 14 of 18
JonStur
Established Contributor

No No No!!!! I went from being a foolish youngster, to getting married and having great credit, to divorcing an irresponsible person who all but ruined my credit, to battling back eight years later to rise from the ashes like some all-powerful credit Phoenix.... I've worked my tail off and gladly tend to and prune each tradeline like a rare tiger-striped rose...the second one becomes decadent and complacent and complains about managing what you've built, take a second and exhale, and remember what it took to get where you are and all the rejections you had to endure, and how you were happy just to get the First Premiers and Credit Ones....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 15 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Yes!

My long term plan is to close 4. I'll keep an Amex, Visa, and MC.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I just now use 4 to 5 cards based on the rewards.

It is really a pain to manage a boat load of cards and takes too much time.

In reality, 4 cards would cover everything for me.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 18
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I use pageonce.com and it makes it a breeze.  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.