cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever get turned down for having too much credit?

tag
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ever get turned down for having too much credit?

@djc1puno wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

I'm closely approaching $300k in available credit on all of my cards and haven't had a problem getting more cards when the opportunity arises.  I think for the most part if a person maintains very low utilization (mine is usually in the 1-2% range) and has long history an issuer will usually approve a card without any hesitation.  If you are relatively new to the game then an issuer would likely want more established history before granting more credit.

wow! that's a massive tl Smiley Surprised

HE's a JILLIONAIRE!! i'm a peseant TL wise but i still got a few bucks in my wallet left over from the strip joint Smiley Very Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 11 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

I'm closely approaching $300k in available credit on all of my cards and haven't had a problem getting more cards when the opportunity arises.  I think for the most part if a person maintains very low utilization (mine is usually in the 1-2% range) and has long history an issuer will usually approve a card without any hesitation.  If you are relatively new to the game then an issuer would likely want more established history before granting more credit.

wow! that's a massive tl Smiley Surprised

HE's a JILLIONAIRE!! i'm a peseant TL wise but i still got a few bucks in my wallet left over from the strip joint Smiley Very Happy

there's a few things i'd like to say about the SJ but i'd rather not! Smiley Very Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I was turned down for a CLI by Citi because of too much available credit to income.   I would guess as other issuers had given me increases both just before and since, that it might have been more I had reached my limit with them.    I now have a bigger limit with Cap One than with Citi!

Message 14 of 16
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Paging Ron1. Ron1, please weigh in. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ime, Citi and Barclay's are oft the creditors that pay more attn to the amount of cred you have.
Citi shut me down for too much credit; I had about $170k avail and 10% util. My reported income is $149k Closed me for "too much open credit"
Barclay's denied me an Arrival card for "sufficient credit"
I already have a $7700 Trav Amex from them.
My other creditors seem to have no issue with it. I might app for a BOA or USBank card(s) soon and see what their stance is on my high avail credit.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.