cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever heard of WFNNB closing accounts for too many accounts?

tag
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Ever heard of WFNNB closing accounts for too many accounts?

Just curious as I did open a number of them in a short period of time. All I have is Capital One and WFNNB accounts, so I didn't really worry too much about going app crazy as neither of those as far as I knew was well known for closing accounts because of opening new accounts.

I haven't had a problem so far, so I'm not overly worried about it, but I was talking to a girl who ended up with her new Old Navy card closed because she had opened 4 accounts in the past month. I know that's a completely different animal as Old Navy is GE.  My new accounts have all had statements already and reported to the credit bureaus, so, none of them should be surprised by the existence of the others..lol

Clearly my app'ing is done for awhile anyways, just wondering what the chances are of WFNNB freaking out and closing accounts. I opened 5 of them, 3 of them they only soft pulled, only have two hard pulls from them. I have USAA CMS, so I would've seen any inquiries. I guess I assumed that if they weren't even hardpulling my credit that they must not be the choosiest of lenders..lol

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Ever heard of WFNNB closing accounts for too many accounts?

I've never heard of them being overly sensitive but you always risk AA from any company by opening a lot of accounts at once, you'll just have to wait and see.

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have not heard this on GE and kind of question the truth of it... I opened 5 or 6 in a day and then 4 months later, just a couple weeks ago opened another 2-3 Smiley Happy

I have heard it with WFNNB but it was Concord I believe who I have not seen around here lately... but I think he opened 4-6 in a day and I think he ended up with them all but he had to call in and do security checks to make sure all were him.

Message 3 of 4
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Mine may have been scattered over about a month, so maybe I'm fine. They'll all post their second statements and one will post it's third in the next ten days or so.

Yeah, I questioned that with GE too.. Though, she said she opened 4 GE accounts, didn't know they were all GE. I don't know what her other cards from GE were.

I'm wondering irf she maybe maxed them all  too or something.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.