Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every Kiss begins with...........

tag
bandlp08
New Contributor

Every Kiss begins with...........

About 2 weeks ago I had done an online app for Kays and didnt get a instant yes or no. I went on about my day and  did an app for Walmart (approved for $600) and one for Barclays NFL ( approved for $500).  I waited a couple days and  called  up Kays and was informed that I needed to take in my ID and pay records as I am self employed and they couldnt verify. I just got around to it today as I hate going to the mall. Thats just a place that gets you in debt!!!!! I always leave my cards at home when going there. Either way after  the guy in the store gave the CSR a call and did some checking I was approved for $2200.  Talk about one happy female.  First I love gold and second thats my highest limit I have ever had. I dont plan on using it until my anniversary but since I was doing the other 2 apps I had to toss that one in because we are going for a house  in Dec so this was my last app spree. 3 for 3 sounds good to me. My credit must be looking up. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TravisD
Contributor

Re: Every Kiss begins with...........

My Kays card has been very generous with CLI too. I started at $1500 and about 6 months later after paying it off it jumped up to $2500 automatically!
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 2 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

That's an awesome limit!!! Now you can buy yourself a valentines day present LOL..

Message 3 of 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to u love your titleSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Treat Kay's right and they will treat you right as the others have mentioned. For my experience, I have a Jared's card which is the "sister" company to Kays (same underwriter - Sterling). I got the card in 2009 for rebuilding purposes with a very generous limit of $5100 (IIRC). Then the next year they moved it up to $6700 (2010) then they moved it up to $10k in 2011 and $15k in 2012.  Smiley Happy It really helps with utilization!

Message 5 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! A bit of a hassle but was all worth it in the end!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 8
bandlp08
New Contributor

It was well worth the trouble.  I just hope I am moving in the right direction. I am very much in the garden (2 weeks in). Im very happy that I got a limit above the Merrick and Firestone $900. I thought I would never see a limit above $1000. Now to watch them grow!!!

Message 7 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.