Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Re: Everytime I read the words "crapitol one..."

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

LOL, since you're on a soapbox, I'll step on mine, briefly.  I'm not sure what people want out of customer service.  I hear so much about bad customer service, yet with my assortment of great cards, mediocre ones,and crappy ones, too, I've never noticed bad service with any of them.  It almost seems as if the worst cards have the best service.  I sometimes wonder if people have unrealistic standards, or if they are not pleasant when dealing with CSRs (which might bring out the worst in anyone.)

Perhaps you're just easy to please Man Wink

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 11 of 47
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

I wonder how long someone can go without recieving a CLI with them.

Message 12 of 47
FrugalRican
Blogger

I've gone almost 5 years with BoA... so I'm sure Capital One could easily do to "infinity and beyond".

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

I wonder how long someone can go without recieving a CLI with them.

I went 5 years to go from $300 to $500.  Then another 6 years to go from $500 to $5,500.

Message 14 of 47
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think Cap1 has earned their negative press. They can't go around claiming to be prime and give lackluster products with no potential to grow. Rebuilding or excellent credit, they should take your current credit profile into consideration instead of limiting you based on what they want their business model to be.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 47
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

I have no bad blood with Capital One, it does suck that they do three pulls but if it's your first card and you're using it to lead to others, by the time you apply to others it won't really matter. I stuck with them for one year before finding out about this board, and to be honest, if I didn't find this board I would see them being the same as Chase, American Express or any other creditor. 

I got the Chase Freedom now and Zync because of them and I just pretty much left Capital One to dry unless I can PC it to a better card.. but I don't forsee it happening, nor my credit limit going higher than $750 and I'm fine with that. Their loss!

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 16 of 47
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I think Cap1 has earned their negative press. They can't go around claiming to be prime and give lackluster products with no potential to grow. Rebuilding or excellent credit, they should take your current credit profile into consideration instead of limiting you based on what they want their business model to be.

The fact of the matter is, they do offer a prime product. And they will take your credit profile into consideration...with a new app and additional pulls lol. I'm just saying, they are the ones taking the risk; a risk on people who have already demonstrated a less than stellar history. So if they're busy model requires some hard pulls and new apps for better products, I just don't think I can be mad at that. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 17 of 47
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@jmcmillan wrote:

I agree with you, OP. I love my secued card from Capital One. It has a reasonable annual fee, I can increase the deposit ANYTIME without a penalty, it reports reguarily (and as unsecured), and payments are processed in a timely manner. Plus, approval is very easy. For those who get $300 CLs from Capital One, honestly, it's their fault. The secured card is so much more powerful, in my opinion, since you set the credit line.

Now, that doesn't mean that Capital One doesn't disappoint. I really do feel they should allow their customers to grow. I hope that with the expansion of their banking with the acquisition of ING and HSBC, they will start to make themselves a more valuable lender, but that is to be seen.

I'm sure when I'm done rebuilding, I will no longer do business with Capital One, unless they decide to grow with me. But otherwise, there are other lenders who will take my business. But I'm not going to call Capital One "crap," because I knew what I was signing up for, and they are good for rebuilding.

kudos

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 18 of 47
greeneman21
Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Any card that tri-pulls is worth getting angry at.

For the record, I've never had one, and I know I probably never will.

LMAO +1

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 19 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were catering to a customer, which would impress you more. If the customer pulled out a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or a Capitol One Venture card?

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.