Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evolve Money

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Evolve Money

@Anonymous wrote:

This is exciting! I want to give it some more time, but if i get Citi to raise my limit, I could make my mortgage, gas, and water payments this way, and earn 2% back, plus 5% from Discover IT in Q4 (assuming that it registers as an online payment and the category stays)

There is still the $1K per payment account per month cap, so many won't be able to pay all their mortgage.    You can't use Citi directly yet, have to wait to see if and when that happens.

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fico2Go wrote:
You can only do better if u buy a PayPal reload using a 5% card and then use PP to load evolve for an extra 1 to 1.5%.

If you only could use the PPBDC on Evolve! Unless you have a grandfathered card stored in your account you can't add a new one. Life could be too easy...

Message 22 of 33
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is exciting! I want to give it some more time, but if i get Citi to raise my limit, I could make my mortgage, gas, and water payments this way, and earn 2% back, plus 5% from Discover IT in Q4 (assuming that it registers as an online payment and the category stays)

There is still the $1K per payment account per month cap, so many won't be able to pay all their mortgage.    You can't use Citi directly yet, have to wait to see if and when that happens.

its an nice way to pay auto loans and electricity bills though. the 1k cap makes its difficult to pay mortgage. I think most banks don't allow for partial payments for mortgages, if you pay partial payment via evolve to your mortgage it may only get applied to principal. 

Serve is still probably your better option if you want go vgc load route. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 33
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only 1% from Discover.  It's coded as "Services" and does not get the 5% cash back for online purchases.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 24 of 33
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:
You can only do better if u buy a PayPal reload using a 5% card and then use PP to load evolve for an extra 1 to 1.5%.

If you only could use the PPBDC on Evolve! Unless you have a grandfathered card stored in your account you can't add a new one. Life could be too easy...

That's a good point.  I got lucky.  But I think it has to do with the series of PP cards than good grandfather.   Keep replacing the PP until you get lucky.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 25 of 33
vivman1107
Valued Member

I just signed up for the service and am currently adding my bills that don't normally take credit card for payment. So far I have electric, water and newspaper. I also noticed that store credit cards show up in the service provider list. I added Target and Home Depot and will try paying those when they are due. I will be paying these bills with my Discover it to get 1% cash back.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received this. Smiley Sad

Important information about paying with Discover Cards

Evolve Money
To me

Today at 2:40 PM
Message 27 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

It did say it can be used to pay insurance. i wonder if i can use to pay my health insurance. as they always want check or to do ach. this would be sweet to use a card instead. any info . thanks.

Edit. how do i sign up for this? even can i use another card instead of discover?

Message 28 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received this. Smiley Sad

Important information about paying with Discover Cards

Evolve Money
To me

Today at 2:40 PM

This has been a typical experience with evolve.   Starts off wide open and then restrictions are placed as they discover what is costing them too much.   So looks like utilities are still OK, not sure waht else.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

It did say it can be used to pay insurance. i wonder if i can use to pay my health insurance. as they always want check or to do ach. this would be sweet to use a card instead. any info . thanks.

Edit. how do i sign up for this? even can i use another card instead of discover?

My Auto/Homeowners already takes CC's (You have to set up a bank draft, but I call them 2-3 days beforehand and set up a CC payment.)

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.