Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exciting new premium card: US Bank Altitude Reserve

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Exciting new premium card: US Bank Altitude Reserve

Given that it's US Bank if this is the FOTM for May I'll be sitting this one out🙄
Message 11 of 55
noobody
Established Contributor

About US bank.
They give me very good SL, on both of my credit cards accounts. Without prior relationship before cash+ approval.
Keep sending me 4.5k SP cli offers on both of my accounts, when i ignore it, they offer small incentive to "force" me take the CLI.
They partial refund my Club Carlson premier AF, even they dont have to.
But the nerfthon on cash+ is historical bad, on club Carlson premier is also huge.
Transfer partner is the key issue for me, in or out.
If you have to use their portal to maximize return, i would definitely pass.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 12 of 55
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

That's not the US bank many of us around here know 😂, I was stuck at $1000 on a Platinum for over a year with 720+ Ficos so I closed it out Smiley Surprised
Message 13 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seeing what they gave me with my Cash+, I doubt I could get this lol! Does US Bank let you PC?

most likely you can PC in house card like cash+ to this one

If they have decent transfer partners, I would go for it

Just downgrade Club Carlson Premier (big nerf last year, surprise surprise) to regular no AF club Carlson card, may call to reduce unnecessary credit line to better my chance to get approval of this card.

Anyone know what is US bank's policy to reallocate credit line, SP, HP or can not be done?

My knowledge is they have allowed me to do P/Cs no HP. But as to what their policy is? No idea. Sometimes in reading and how they have handled my CLIs it seems to be YMMV.

Message 14 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
About US bank.
They give me very good SL, on both of my credit cards accounts. Without prior relationship before cash+ approval.
Keep sending me 4.5k SP cli offers on both of my accounts, when i ignore it, they offer small incentive to "force" me take the CLI.
They partial refund my Club Carlson premier AF, even they dont have to.
But the nerfthon on cash+ is historical bad, on club Carlson premier is also huge.
Transfer partner is the key issue for me, in or out.
If you have to use their portal to maximize return, i would definitely pass.

**bleep** so this is what 800+ FICO gets you with US Bank...

Message 15 of 55
mdd0214
Contributor

It's great to see all these new premium cards being released, but I don't think this is one I'll be apping for. Even if I used mobile wallet more regularly, I'm skeptical of their travel portal. It would be nice to be able to preview the options and compare with Amex or Chase.

Message 16 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card looks good but No Thank You to US Bank. I have a checking account with them and they've been the worst to work with. I can't wait to move my money from US Bank to either NFCU/USAA/PenFed..
Message 17 of 55
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

I'm going to go back and look at my sources again (will update THIS post when I do), but I believe that this new card is going to be for Private Clients only (when I was briefed on it, the words "million dollar credit limits" were used to describe the card). Having said that I will reiterate that I need to look over my sources again to ensure if memory serves me right. 

UPDATE: 

Going back and looking over all the internal information I have available, I cannot find anything in writing that would hint at it being gated behind Private Client or "existing customers only" as was mentioned in other places. When I was originally learning about the new product, it was a verbal conversation so there is chance that words were misconstrued or a game of "telephone" was going on as the information made its way to me. There is still a chance that it could be a restricted product, but again based on the information available as of now in writing, it is a low chance. (Only thing I could find in resemblance is that it will basically be a Private Client level of customer service when you call in, similar to CSR). 

2ND UPDATE: 

More information came out today to confirm you DO have to have an exsisting relationship with US Bank for 35 days before application, however having a US Bank CC (Cash + etc) only is considered a relationship with the bank. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 18 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

No lounge access. Womp womp.

Message 19 of 55
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No lounge access. Womp womp.

I'll be curious to see when it comes out if it does or not. The first couple of sites I read didn't list that, but then a couple did say Priority Pass membership. If they don't, they're not a very strong competitor to CSR, Amex Plat, etc.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.