Exciting new premium card: US Bank Altitude Reserve

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Exciting new premium card: US Bank Altitude Reserve

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

And here I was contemplating closing my Cash+ today. If I am able to do a product change to this card, I may have found an answer to my CSR problem.

PC not available. Maybe in the future but they want new apps at launch

Why do CC companies not allow PC at the launch of a new card? I mean... if people are willing to PC, that still shows interest in the product, right? What is the business model/reason for restricting a new product to apps only, and not allowing PC for a period of time??

They are concentrate on new customers for the first quarter then I believe they will let folks pc. I think its a capacity issue.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 51 of 55
sjt
Senior Contributor

@frank784 wrote:

Are any of the other CSR members thinking about giving this one a shot? I don't care about annual fees when you get a decent value for the card and the US Bank effective rate is only $75 when you factor in the $325 travel credit. 

I'm looking at dumping my Capital One card which serves no purpose compared to other cards and maybe giving this one a shot. 

Has anyone found any additional information if it will have the Visa Infitnite airfare discount similiar to the Ritz Carlton card? 

I think if you have a CSR, there is no point getting an Altitute card. If you go to the Miles to Memories site they have a Q and A with the details of the card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

And here I was contemplating closing my Cash+ today. If I am able to do a product change to this card, I may have found an answer to my CSR problem.

Why do CC companies not allow PC at the launch of a new card? I mean... if people are willing to PC, that still shows interest in the product, right? What is the business model/reason for restricting a new product to apps only, and not allowing PC for a period of time??

numbers game.

While they're not shelling out a bonus for a new customer, they're also not showing a new user statistic for a product change. Interest isn't what keeps products alive. It's all about the dollars.

Message 53 of 55
sjt
Senior Contributor

I think the Altitute card is a decent card. It would be hard to compete with CSR, because that card had alot more options with redeeming points. I think Altitute is going to have to add more perks or increase earnings to be real competitive againt Amex or Chase.

Message 54 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

They are concentrate on new customers for the first quarter then I believe they will let folks pc. I think its a capacity issue.

Citi held us at bay for one week after the introduction of the Citi Double Cash and then relented and allowed p/c'ing (I did it).

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.