Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive Offer for Cardholders -- NFCU

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Exclusive Offer for Cardholders -- NFCU

Check your email. I just got this Exclusive Offer for NFCU Cardholders.

Make a balance transfer to your existing NFCU credit card ending in XXXX and enjoy a 0% intro APR on the balance transferred for 12 months.

It gets better. The balance transfer fee is 0% and they did a comparison of other banks' transfer fees: USAA 3%, Citibank 3%, and BoA 3%.

If you received the exclusive offer, it expires April 30, 2017.

Why does this have to be offered when all my CCs already have 0% interest?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Exclusive Offer for Cardholders -- NFCU

Yep got exact same offer.. Only carrying approx 1k balance on PenFed at 4.99, but hey why not transfer it to NFCU since no BT fee and 0% for a year.   Every penny counts Smiley Happy.  Hopefully many others got this offer as well that can use it to better potential than myself!

Message 2 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I got one just today from NFCU for 2.99% APR for 18 months.

Still waiting to see a zero APR offer. Nothing just yet. Bahhh

Message 3 of 29
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh absolutely, creditmagic -- 0% int. and $0 fee. Every single penny saved counts.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 29
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oops, I meant @creditcuriosity 😂 I hope you get the offer too @creditmagic.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did not receive anything like that but could definately use it Smiley Sad my card is only two months old, maybe that's why... but I need to go to the branch tomorrow anyways and ask them if such an lffer may be available to me. Thank you for sharing!
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I received one from NF  2.99% for 12 months and also just received one from Citi .99% for 12 months. (+fee)

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the 0% APR offer and used it in December, but no recent offer here.

Perhaps they are sending this message to those who did not use one already. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I received one from NF  2.99% for 12 months and also just received one from Citi .99% for 12 months. (+fee)

Cool!

I think i will actually use the 2.99 APR BT offer so to get some mileage with NFCU because not much activity is been going to them at all.

Maybe that will help.

Message 9 of 29
minski
Established Contributor

No offer for me. I'm carrying a balance of > $3300 on my Citi DC at 0% APR but the promo expires next month. I have the cash to pay it off but if I were to get a 0% APR $0 balance transfer fee offer to my NFCU card, I might consider it to allow more time for the money to sit generating interest. Furthermore, my NFCU card has a higher CL so would lower my individual util. But it is only about 4 months old (got it in October or November?) so may need more history with them. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.