Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive Offer for Cardholders -- NFCU

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Exclusive Offer for Cardholders -- NFCU

Got same email today for bt zero for 12 monts on one card (rewards), nothing on the other one (platinum).

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yep got exact same offer.. Only carrying approx 1k balance on PenFed at 4.99, but hey why not transfer it to NFCU since no BT fee and 0% for a year.   Every penny counts Smiley Happy.  Hopefully many others got this offer as well that can use it to better potential than myself!

+1

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

Check your email. I just got this Exclusive Offer for NFCU Cardholders.

Make a balance transfer to your existing NFCU credit card ending in XXXX and enjoy a 0% intro APR on the balance transferred for 12 months.

It gets better. The balance transfer fee is 0% and they did a comparison of other banks' transfer fees: USAA 3%, Citibank 3%, and BoA 3%.

If you received the exclusive offer, it expires April 30, 2017.

Why does this have to be offered when all my CCs already have 0% interest?

Since it's not costing you amything, you can always consolidate your balances to one card. This way you only have 1 payment to make each month. 

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did not receive anything like that but could definately use it Smiley Sad my card is only two months old, maybe that's why... but I need to go to the branch tomorrow anyways and ask them if such an lffer may be available to me. Thank you for sharing!

+1 It never hurts to ask.

Message 14 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Last year after the holidays they offered a 2.99% BT for 12 months, and I took them up on it.  A few months later they offered 0% to many people, but I didn't get the offer.

This year in January they offered 2.99% BT (same as last year0, and once again I took them up on it... and once again I didn't get the 0% offer.

I think I see a trend here... Smiley FrustratedSmiley Tongue

Next year I'll hold off on the initial offer to see if maybe I might get the sweet 0% offer as well.

(Thankfully, USAA is now also offering a no-fee 0%/12 month BT, so I wasn't left out in the cold... competition is a great thing.)

Message 15 of 29
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Check your email. I just got this Exclusive Offer for NFCU Cardholders.

Make a balance transfer to your existing NFCU credit card ending in XXXX and enjoy a 0% intro APR on the balance transferred for 12 months.

It gets better. The balance transfer fee is 0% and they did a comparison of other banks' transfer fees: USAA 3%, Citibank 3%, and BoA 3%.

If you received the exclusive offer, it expires April 30, 2017.

Why does this have to be offered when all my CCs already have 0% interest?

Since it's not costing you amything, you can always consolidate your balances to one card. This way you only have 1 payment to make each month. 

That's a great idea but my balances on my other cards are so low that I PIF each month. But since the promotion doesn't expire until April 30th, and I have been wanting a new bed, maybe, I'll put that on my Macy's and then transfer that balance to my NFCU. Thanks beautifulblaquepearl.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I got the same email. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I got one just today from NFCU for 2.99% APR for 18 months.

Still waiting to see a zero APR offer. Nothing just yet. Bahhh

Thats what I got CM7....and I run about $2k thru one of CC's with them. 

Message 18 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Last year after the holidays they offered a 2.99% BT for 12 months, and I took them up on it.  A few months later they offered 0% to many people, but I didn't get the offer.

This year in January they offered 2.99% BT (same as last year0, and once again I took them up on it... and once again I didn't get the 0% offer.

I think I see a trend here... Smiley FrustratedSmiley Tongue

Next year I'll hold off on the initial offer to see if maybe I might get the sweet 0% offer as well.

(Thankfully, USAA is now also offering a no-fee 0%/12 month BT, so I wasn't left out in the cold... competition is a great thing.)

Ive never taken them up on any BT offers, and I still havent received the 0% offer...Smiley Sad  I just got the 2.99%/18mo offer, $0 fee

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to the branch today to submit documents for my CLOC and asked about any 0% offers, but was told that my account is too new, but that they send out offers regularly to existing customers (apparently every 3-4 months). And I got to walk out with a $5,000 CLOC sooo still successfull Smiley Tongue
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.