Did you mean: 

Executive Office - Rant

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Executive Office - Rant

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I gotta admit I wrote an email to the EO asking them nicely yesterday if they would consider removing some late payments from 4 years ago as my report is pretty dang clean now and the lates were due to losing a job and having to move across the country.  By no means do they have to do this and most they won't but really the EO is the only method to perform this, so in this case I will write them as I had a hardship during this time and had to make a decision of moving and having a roof over my head or missing some payments, guess which one I choose four year ago?  So I am hoping they consider my circumstances that was a very detailed email and willing to GW remove them as I have had perfect payment history the last 4 years with them and multiple new accounts.  Is this a misuse of the EO email?  This can be debatable cause yes I was at fault for the lates, but kinda out of my control.  I can live with them for another 3 years or maybe they will remove them early as a courtesy as others have had some success.  Only one way for me to find out right?  Guess I could of sent them Snail mail for this request, but ultimately it is the same thing, just quicker way of getting ahold of them by email.

I agree about CLI and asking for conversions to Signature card or WMC or what not is what really most likely got the phone # shut off and the likes.

No way could i call this misuse. Life happens to us all. If not now, Later.But at some point in life we all experience hardships. Real or Perceived. In any case. i would keep good willing them and sooner or later something is going to bite. Im sure you read the story of this guy in my Taxi to get my last Baddie off of my report. otherwise it would have been 2017 before that thing fell off. I explained to him how i goodwilled my cable company and over and over they denied me. Despite that I still have the service. Im sure this Cfo went and looked at my account as i gave him all my information. and he could see it was 5 years of nothing but good will on my part as consumer. So 4 year old lates. i think the EO would be the only place that would handle that. And i have seen lates removed before from cap one. You guys were talking about old accounts being visible earlier. I have one with cap one. 11 years ago. i still have the emails where they were blasting me for blowing them off. hehehe. Keep trying CC. and use the EO as much as you feel necessary to get those lates off. Still waiting to see the boost in your scores. Smiley Wink

Thanks I am above 700 across the boards now and yes I will eventually prevail on getting the lates removed Smiley Happy..  Just a bit of effort is all, if it isn't round one, two or three I will end up prevailing one of the times as the whole rebuilding section has story about story about every creditor removing them even the ones known not to.   Lates don't bug me that much as they are so dated, but still a scar on my report.. They really won't have a huge impact on whether I am approved or declined for most creditors now, but might have an impact on APR or whether recon mgiht be needed.  I am in pretty good shape overall now, thanksSmiley Happy

Message 21 of 41
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I gotta admit I wrote an email to the EO asking them nicely yesterday if they would consider removing some late payments from 4 years ago as my report is pretty dang clean now and the lates were due to losing a job and having to move across the country.  By no means do they have to do this and most they won't but really the EO is the only method to perform this, so in this case I will write them as I had a hardship during this time and had to make a decision of moving and having a roof over my head or missing some payments, guess which one I choose four year ago?  So I am hoping they consider my circumstances that was a very detailed email and willing to GW remove them as I have had perfect payment history the last 4 years with them and multiple new accounts.  Is this a misuse of the EO email?  This can be debatable cause yes I was at fault for the lates, but kinda out of my control.  I can live with them for another 3 years or maybe they will remove them early as a courtesy as others have had some success.  Only one way for me to find out right?  Guess I could of sent them Snail mail for this request, but ultimately it is the same thing, just quicker way of getting ahold of them by email.

I agree about CLI and asking for conversions to Signature card or WMC or what not is what really most likely got the phone # shut off and the likes.

No way could i call this misuse. Life happens to us all. If not now, Later.But at some point in life we all experience hardships. Real or Perceived. In any case. i would keep good willing them and sooner or later something is going to bite. Im sure you read the story of this guy in my Taxi to get my last Baddie off of my report. otherwise it would have been 2017 before that thing fell off. I explained to him how i goodwilled my cable company and over and over they denied me. Despite that I still have the service. Im sure this Cfo went and looked at my account as i gave him all my information. and he could see it was 5 years of nothing but good will on my part as consumer. So 4 year old lates. i think the EO would be the only place that would handle that. And i have seen lates removed before from cap one. You guys were talking about old accounts being visible earlier. I have one with cap one. 11 years ago. i still have the emails where they were blasting me for blowing them off. hehehe. Keep trying CC. and use the EO as much as you feel necessary to get those lates off. Still waiting to see the boost in your scores. Smiley Wink

Thanks I am above 700 across the boards now and yes I will eventually prevail on getting the lates removed Smiley Happy..  Just a bit of effort is all, if it isn't round one, two or three I will end up prevailing one of the times as the whole rebuilding section has story about story about every creditor removing them even the ones known not to.   Lates don't bug me that much as they are so dated, but still a scar on my report.. They really won't have a huge impact on whether I am approved or declined for most creditors now, but might have an impact on APR or whether recon mgiht be needed.  I am in pretty good shape overall now, thanksSmiley Happy

Having been part of the rebuild community, even the CL's and mods encourage rebuild for folks denied with scars.  And that includes trying to remove lates.  Folks hire credit repair agencies to do this work, often times ruining their report and reputation with the CRA's, but some get lucky, and then some that are lucky have the information come back and update the report.  This fundamentally puts the client in the unenviable position of trying to fix credit that the repair agencies ruined chances of disputing, and the credit companies can not verify (it's all automated).

Folks have been good willing for years, even baller4life.  And they wrote letter after letter.  This is even encouraged when preparing for a mortgage.  PS, the only, truly viable way to goodwill is through the EO office.  The rebuild section encourages folks to do for themselves what attorneys and repair agencies charge to do.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with good willing.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Having been part of the rebuild community, even the CL's and mods encourage rebuild for folks denied with scars.  And that includes trying to remove lates.  Folks hire credit repair agencies to do this work, often times ruining their report and reputation with the CRA's, but some get lucky, and then some that are lucky have the information come back and update the report.  This fundamentally puts the client in the unenviable position of trying to fix credit that the repair agencies ruined chances of disputing, and the credit companies can not verify (it's all automated).

Folks have been good willing for years, even baller4life.  And they wrote letter after letter.  This is even encouraged when preparing for a mortgage.  PS, the only, truly viable way to goodwill is through the EO office.  The rebuild section encourages folks to do for themselves what attorneys and repair agencies charge to do.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with good willing.

Well said, every portion of it.  Every creditor will GW if you get the right person even the toughest of the toughest on the policy.  I might not be successful on round one, but maybe round two or three, possibly during the holidays..  It really comes down to seeing that the creditor sees that you have changed your pattern around, made ammends and own up to your mistakes and made them whole again along with a bit of convincing and showing you are responsible again.

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
I agree the late policies should be the same for everyone. The rules exist for a reason, to show your history for x amount of time. So you should wait for your mistakes to fall off like everyone else, assuming the info is accurate. If it is, theres no reason for it to be removed.

The point is this policy isn't set in stone and every creditor will remove lates if you get the right person to hear your story.. I would be all for it if it and live with it for 7 years if it was the SAME no removal for anyone for no reason, but quite frankly that isn't the case with any creditor, they all make exceptions, so I am just doing what others have done and hoping for the best otherwise I will live with it another 3 years and my life will continue as well as my approvals as I have a very strong profile and strong income/job to back said credit and lates will ultimately be overlooked by 95% of the lenders.

Long story short is either don't allow it for anyone on late removals or as it is know it is a case by case scenario and what I am doing isn't wrong...  I also think 7 years is extreme especially when a hardship aka job loss was involved.  Hell people a few years out of BK7 have higher scores then me in some cases, is that right?  If they declared BK7 they don't owe a penny to the debitor, in my scenario I paid back every penny and been recent for the last 4 years...

I don't think anyone was blaming you. certainly I wasn't. 

It's like the mortgage interest deduction: everyone in tax policy agrees it's one of america's dumbest policies but as long as it is allowed I am not gonna blame anyone for taking it. 

I do think, however, that this should't be allowed for anyone. It would make things more fair. 

Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's completely 'fair' to send out PFD or GW letters because it's available for anyone to do so.  Nothing wrong with it all.

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
this forum makes people think they deserve the highest limit possible lol. before the forum people accepted what they got and moved on

Oh, do you mean. "My credit score is 550 but I deserve a $30,000 limit. Now where's my metal card with prime rate interest!!!"

Message 26 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
this forum makes people think they deserve the highest limit possible lol. before the forum people accepted what they got and moved on

Oh, do you mean. "My credit score is 550 but I deserve a $30,000 limit. Now where's my metal card with prime rate interest!!!"

Why prime rate interest?   Since my score is at least 200 points above min, I think 0% for life is called for

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why prime rate interest?   Since my score is at least 200 points above min, I think 0% for life is called for

And 120 day grace period while we're at it. Oh wait. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, as some have mentioned, I'm pretty darn positive the average consumer would not reach out to EO. Before this forum, I would have been certain that emailing the CEO would get you some BS canned response and the only way to really reach EO would be through working your way up the CSR ranks. I haven't used EO, but I know a ton of people on here have. Can the numbers on myFICO really be the cause of closing down the EO number? It seems like such a small percentage of Capital One consumers. Just a thought that's crossed my mind a time or two.

I see threads regularly about people with accounts 1-2 months old asking for CLIs. I'd feel like a fool going to EO for a sizable CLI after having an account for three weeks. It's ludicracy. And I agree, Capital One should just back their frontline CSRs and tell people "No, sorry. Can't make it happen." Unless it's some outliar situation where someone has managed their accounts well for years without any luv.

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You know, as some have mentioned, I'm pretty darn positive the average consumer would not reach out to EO. Before this forum, I would have been certain that emailing the CEO would get you some BS canned response and the only way to really reach EO would be through working your way up the CSR ranks. I haven't used EO, but I know a ton of people on here have. Can the numbers on myFICO really be the cause of closing down the EO number? It seems like such a small percentage of Capital One consumers. Just a thought that's crossed my mind a time or two.

I see threads regularly about people with accounts 1-2 months old asking for CLIs. I'd feel like a fool going to EO for a sizable CLI after having an account for three weeks. It's ludicracy. And I agree, Capital One should just back their frontline CSRs and tell people "No, sorry. Can't make it happen." Unless it's some outliar situation where someone has managed their accounts well for years without any luv.

Barney's store card comes to mind. Smiley Wink "But the Util!!!! What will I do?!"

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.