cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Disco customers CAN get referral credit!

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Existing Disco customers CAN get referral credit!

Saeren, 

I just noticed that you have your Xfinity mobile on your Disco. NFCU offers cell phone insurance on phone plans paid for with its credit cards. I am not sure if Disco also offers the same benefit but I thought I would point it out to you.

nfcuphone.JPG

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981 wrote:

Saeren, 

I just noticed that you have your Xfinity mobile on your Disco. NFCU offers cell phone insurance on phone plans paid for with its credit cards. I am not sure if Disco also offers the same benefit but I thought I would point it out to you.

nfcuphone.JPG

That's new, I never heard about them having that benefit before. 

I have an iPhone XS Max though so I pay for insurance that includes AppleCare+. My Xfinity Mobile bill is $60 of which $12 is insurance and $45 is the phone payment. My XM service is just taxes since I don't use mobile data. 

I just pulled up the terms of the NFCU coverage though and it's not something anyone should be relying on. Claims are limited to $250 per claim and have a $50 deductible. It's not bad for free insurance but it won't cover replacing any decent device. 

Message 12 of 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Saeren, 

nfcuphone.JPG

I have an iPhone XS Max though so I pay for insurance that includes AppleCare+. My Xfinity Mobile bill is $60 of which $12 is insurance and $45 is the phone payment. My XM service is just taxes since I don't use mobile data. 

I just pulled up the terms of the NFCU coverage though and it's not something anyone should be relying on. Claims are limited to $250 per claim and have a $50 deductible. It's not bad for free insurance but it won't cover replacing any decent device. 

It will cover a broken screen at least. I have Xfinity Mobile as well but my phone was just paid off so I am only paying for data and I have no insurance.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Saeren, 

nfcuphone.JPG

It will cover a broken screen at least. I have Xfinity Mobile as well but my phone was just paid off so I am only paying for data and I have no insurance.

Out of like 20 phones in the last 17 years, I've only ever broken one. I have had enough hardware issues though to find it acceptable to pay for AppleCare+ -- although I will admit that my 8 Plus was flawless and a year in my XS Max is as well. 

But the repair costs with AppleCare+ are much more palatable at $49 for a screen and $99 for any other accidental damage compared to the hundreds of dollars for a repair without it so I'll gladly keep paying it. At $1099, this thing was more than twice what I paid for my laptop. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.