Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedia Voyager

tag
gercredit
Contributor

Expedia Voyager

Hi guys,

for the last couple of months I had the CSP card, nevertheless I feel like it is not the right card for me. Finding the best point usage and similar is somehow stressful for me and I feel like I am not doing a good job at it.

So I was looking for "easier" attempts to reward travel cards and I have focused on Expedia Voyager and Arrival+. I like both of them as the redemption is easy and the points earned are good. Overall after running the numbers, the Expedia card was the winner because of the 4x value on travels via Expedia (I book all travel there and have also achieved gold status there without the card), plus the 100$ annual statement credit and 5000 anniversary bonus points.

First question here, should I have thought about another card as well, if so which one?

If there are no other suggestions, I would like to plan my application with Citi. What are they normally looking for? Which bureau are they pulling?

FICO around 710

AAoA 9 Months

Oldest account 15 Months

Inquiries: 2 last 6 Months

Thanks guys!

Gercredit

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gercredit
Contributor

Re: Expedia Voyager

Good morning!
Somebody can help me here?
Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Probably EX

Message 3 of 11
gercredit
Contributor

Yeah looks like a mix of EQ and EX reported...

Both of them have 1 Inquiry in the last 6 months. Do you think good enough?

Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you have 2? I wouldn't worry about that

Message 5 of 11
gercredit
Contributor

Thanks Creditaddict. Yeah as said, 1 Inquiry on Equifax and 1 inquiry on Experian in the last 6 months.

In the last 12 months I have 4 on Equifax and 3 on Experian.

Does anybody have another credit card suggestion?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You already have the card most people think is the best for travel in the CSP.  Maybe if we knew why it didn't work for you we could make a suggestion as to where you should look.

Message 7 of 11
gercredit
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You already have the card most people think is the best for travel in the CSP.  Maybe if we knew why it didn't work for you we could make a suggestion as to where you should look.

Well I think I already explained that:

for the last couple of months I had the CSP card, nevertheless I feel like it is not the right card for me. Finding the best point usage and similar is somehow stressful for me and I feel like I am not doing a good job at it.

The points transferring things seems to be just not right for me, I feel too restricted. So I was thinking more about cards like Arrival+, Venture or Expedia.

I was just thinking if there are other cards I dont know about which have this easy kind of redemption and are good miles earner (Discover IT miles comes to my mind right now as well).

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a current very happy arrival+ cardholder. I too book almost exclusively through Expedia and have earned gold status for about the last 3-4 years. With that being said I didn't look to closely at the voyager card but with the $440 sign up bonus and 2.22% on everything everyday it's a super easy everyday card and the credits can obviously be used towards Expedia purchases.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was referring to the arrival having the $440 signing bonus and 2.22% btw not the voyager, I don't think that sentence was very clear
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.