cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedited shipping on CSP

tag
Eldolche

Expedited shipping on CSP

I've read Alot of things online about calling them shortly after getting approved and asking for chase to expedite the shipping. But alot of those articles were 2-4 years old. Even when I used the search function on this forum most of the posts were pretty much a a year or more old.  Has anyone had luck with expedited shipping since the pandemic or since they upped the SUB to 80k. I'm applying Tuesday, have a pre-approval from em and have 820 credit score so I feel like a should be a for sure approval, and am hoping to get it by Friday or Saturday so that'd give chase 3-4 days to get it to me. 

Anyone have any insight on the expedited process recently?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Expedited shipping on CSP

Are you about to leave for a trip or something and face a very clear deadline to get the card? If not, you might as well just apply.

Looking back at my CSR approval thread (to check the timing of my expedited card) I just noticed something funny. I applied within two hours of learning about a round of nerfs to Prestige...news that Citi just happened to have announced on May 24, 2018 (that is, 5/24).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Friend applied and was approved for the Reserve last month after recon, and asked for expedited shipping which she got. I don't know if it being the CSR helped with that but I imagine they'll accommodate your request if you ask

Message 3 of 15
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

They should be able to accommodate you. I did it less than a year ago on my CSP. The P2 downgraded her CSP to CFU last week and we got expedited shipping for the new CFU card. 

Message 4 of 15
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Expedited shipping is automatic on a CSR, it is almost guaranteed from Chase on any card if you ask for it. 

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 5 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

Expedited shipping is automatic on a CSR, it is almost guaranteed from Chase on any card if you ask for it. 

In 2018 the default shipping time on my CSR was 7-10 business days. I called and was told they could expedite it to 3-5 business days.

I applied Thursday evening and got it midday on Tuesday, the day after Memorial Day.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 15
Eldolche

@wasCB14 wrote:

Are you about to leave for a trip or something and face a very clear deadline to get the card? If not, you might as well just apply.

Looking back at my CSR approval thread (to check the timing of my expedited card) I just noticed something funny. I applied within two hours of learning about a round of nerfs to Prestige...news that Citi just happened to have announced on May 24, 2018 (that is, 5/24).

Just tryna time the spend for the SUB, I'm a very frugal person so spending 4k in 90 days could be spicy if I miss out on throwing my rent on the card. The fee to put the rent on a visa is only $4.95 so certainly worth it to get the points 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested expedited shipping on CFU and got it the next day (or the day after, I don't remember). I requested via secure message. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's still available. You should call immediately after getting approved though. SM may take too long. It generally needs to be initiated before the card gets processed. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it last week, Recieved the card exactly in 48 hrs after the call. They use UPS next day air saver.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.