Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Credit Card “matches”

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Credit Card “matches”

Does anyone know how solid those matches are? I'm assuming they're just paid advertisements but figured I'd pose the question.

Got matched with a Discover IT Cashback but won't be able to check prequalifier until tomorrow.

EX FICO 8 Credit Card score is 670 and I know Disco exclusively pulls EX.

11 REPLIES 11
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian Credit Card “matches”

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how solid those matches are? I'm assuming they're just paid advertisements but figured I'd pose the question.

Got matched with a Discover IT Cashback but won't be able to check prequalifier until tomorrow.

Just so you know, Discover has pulled EQ for both of my cards (first one was a double pull of EQ and EX), so they are not an EX exclusive puller

Message 2 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Discover also uses EQ quite a lot and TU sometimes; double pulls are not uncommon either, usually EX and EQ.

Experian's matches are marketing.

Message 3 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Experian's matches are marketing."

+1

Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

This may give a little insight on Discover on how they pull ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Apps-quot-list/td-p/5542910

Message 5 of 12
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

"Experian's matches are marketing."

+1

+2

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 6 of 12
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Discover also uses EQ quite a lot and TU sometimes; double pulls are not uncommon either, usually EX and EQ.

Experian's matches are marketing.

There's matches and also pre-approved offerings, which my understanding is simply better odds and not a done deal.  So far I've only seen these for Credit One and I've already been there/done that/moved on during my rebuild.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You know experian still reports unable to match in your state.....

Wonder how K is getting matches... if they are getting them from experian...

-J

Message 8 of 12
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

When you use Discover's prequalification tool, it's always EQ. When I actually I applied in December of 2019 for Discover's secured card (burned Discover in a BK7), they used EX. 

Message 9 of 12
nyyankees877
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

In July of 2018 I applied for a Citi DoubleCash card that was "matched" with me. I had no negs but high utilization and was denied the card. So not sure how good their matches are. Esepcially because each creditor looks at utilization differently. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.