Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with UFCU in TX?

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Experience with UFCU in TX?

I've been a member there for three years - just wondering if ya'll could share your CC experiences with them.  They base their APRs on your credit scores (740+ gets the lowest), so I'd get a 9.9%, but I want to know if they give generous CLs.  I don't qualify for NFCU, and can't seem to talk my sister and bro in law into joining, so please don't suggest that as an option.

Thank you!!! 

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Experience with UFCU in TX?

I'm not in the area, but it looks to have a good rate (6.9) and others can join (not in TX) with a $20 donation.  I spoke to CS to ask about membership (although  I'm done with my spree) and the person was really nice (good signt).  Another good alternative along with Addison.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

They are great to work with for a car loan, and they are very responsive.  But I don't have experience with them for a CC.  I don't want to waste the INQ if their CLs are tiny. 
Message 3 of 38
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

I doubt they'll come up on whogavemecredit.com, but if you qualify for the 9.9, I would doubt the cls would be tiny.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I have been with UFCU for almost 2 years now and they have been really good to me. I have refinance auto loans with them starting at 7.4%. Then back in march 2009 i requested for a lower APR and yes they approved to reduced it down to 5.95%. I was happy for that..

I also have a credit card with them started with $3K limit, then i increased to $4k, then $6.5k, then now at $10k. The CC APR now at 9.9%, initially 11.9%. They say to get 6.9% you need a credit score of 740 or better and I'm working on that. I'm almost there, maybe I am there already.

So far so good, they are pretty cool, the best Credit Union I ever joined. I also have join Texas Tech FCU but rarely used their services..

Message 5 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

I have been with UFCU for almost 2 years now and they have been really good to me. I have refinance auto loans with them starting at 7.4%. Then back in march 2009 i requested for a lower APR and yes they approved to reduced it down to 5.95%. I was happy for that..

I also have a credit card with them started with $3K limit, then i increased to $4k, then $6.5k, then now at $10k. The CC APR now at 9.9%, initially 11.9%. They say to get 6.9% you need a credit score of 740 or better and I'm working on that. I'm almost there, maybe I am there already.

So far so good, they are pretty cool, the best Credit Union I ever joined. I also have join Texas Tech FCU but rarely used their services..

What were your scores when you got the $3K limit?  I've got a 10K with PenFed and with Citi, plus others.  They have my car loan at 4.95%. 
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may tell my daughter about this CU.

Which CR do they pull?

Message 7 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I may tell my daughter about this CU.

Which CR do they pull?

They pulled EQ in Arizona.  They give great customer service, and they are available 24/7.  I've had cars financed through them for almost four years.  UFCU.org. 
Message 8 of 38
mt2va
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info as I've been looking for maybe a 2nd CU to add onto my NFCU membership. 

Can you tell me where you found the info about what rate you would pay for what FICO score?  I see the loan rates talk about excellent, good, fair, etc credit but I can't find what scores fit into each category.

Message Edited by mt2va on 08-01-2009 06:42 AM
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 9 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

If you rest your mouse above the explanations, it will give a description.  When I called, the CSR told me that 740 or above is excellent credit, 680+ is good credit, and anything below 680 falls into the other ranges.  They refi'd my 17.5% car loan to 11.5% a few years ago, then dropped me to 4.95% in 2008. 
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.