Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with Chase and Citi?

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Experiences with Chase and Citi?

You're about to get your cards, so regardless of what others have been saying you will certainly create your own opinions. I have personally had a fine experience with both of them, basically what I would expect from a credit card lender - no more, no less.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I've had good experiences with both. Citgold customer service seems more happy to speak with you, but it's not the much of a difference from regular customer service. I have had to speak with credit card customer service a few times and it has been pleasant and they expedited the cards after approval and when I asked for a chip. When I applied for Citi I was able to have them process them right on the telephone with me, so that was cool.

Chase has been the same. They always want to help and are very happy to do so. I once spoke with two analysts who didn't seem to be in a good mood, but they were still curteous. I like Chase's 1:1 ratio for cash better than Citi.

Message 12 of 14
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Chase is awesome, citi sucks big time. My forward and world elite dividend card have been SD for months, maybe a year. Citi failed to give me customer service many times. Be careful.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 13 of 14
Radek7752
Contributor

I have been with Chase for many years and they have been fantastic to do business with. The cards have great rewards and the customer service is very courteous and responsive. I especially enjoy using my CSP's number to reach someone right away, and they can service all of my accounts. Citi's cards are okay. I managed to get a U.S. based Citi rep the one time I called, and he provided better customer service than what I have received from AmEx in prior experiences.

Congrats on your approvals!

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.