cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experts, am I eligible for a Chase Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experts, am I eligible for a Chase Card?

Am I eligible for any Chase Credit Card? Based on the 5/24 rule.

My accounts are: (although I have an Amex BCE just approved last week which has not reported yet)

Discover Card-Sept 2017

Deserve Card-Dec 2017

First Premier Card-Jan 2018

CapOne Card-Oct 2018

CreditOne Card-Oct 2018

Bank Loan-May2018

I believe I have a good score in terms of number as am laying between 700s above on fico and others.

Going by the chase rule 5/24 which am still finding hard to understand, please can any expert tell me point blank if am eligible for a Chase Credit Card or NOT.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experts, am I eligible for a Chase Card?

I'm not an expert by any means, but based on the information provided, you wouldn't be eligible until after that Discover card hits two years.....so Sept 2019. I would wait until October 2019 just to be safe.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. You can wait till the discover falls in september 2019 or wait till both the discover and deserve fall off in 2019.. probably puts you at applying October 2019 to January 2020.
Message 3 of 14
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

See if you pre qualify on chase website as sometime it's none to pass the 5/24 rule. Of course ymmv, but it is a good indicator if you're on their radar or not.
Message 4 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Amex pre approved me for 3 cards so I went for it and was declined. I downloaded my report they provided access for at Annualcreditreport.com and it cited too many inquires (I had 3 inquires from CapOne, a 1 inquiry from Discover...all in the same month/same day actually.) I don't know if that helps you at all but..... good luck either way.
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nope don’t go by website. I had green check marks (only reason I applied) and was declined (only reason, I was at 5/24).

Now I have read that going to a branch could possibly make a difference.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're at 6/24.  The 5/24 policy means you can't have more than 5 accounts opened in the last 24 months.  As the others have mentioned, you'll have to wait until that Disco drops off before applying.  People have bypassed this with the green checkmarks, in branch approvals, and there was some info about bypassing it on Credit Journey.  To be on the safe side, just wait until late 2019.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your post has been updated with new information since my original reply.

You will need to wait until both the Discover & the Deserve credit cards hit two years since you just got that AMEX.

So....I wouldn't try for Chase until January 2020 and that's also assuming you don't apply for any more cards until then.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP still has a BCE to report so Deserve will have to come off in December 2019 before OP will be 4/24.
Message 9 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Sorry, you're not eligible until late 2019/early 2020 as others have stated due to the 5/24 rule.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.