Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expired Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Credit Card

Hi all,

I was an authorized user for my parent's CSP, but due to personal issues, we had to let it expire in 2018. Now that things are better, I was wondering how the process of becoming an authorized user again will affect me.

I had the CSP for 4 years, and was wondering if I become an authorized user for that account again, if the last 4 years of credit history would show up again? Or is that history just lost forever? 

If I were to be added as an authorized user again, would they do a hard pull on my credit? I've been actively trying to get another credit card and build credit, but I don't want another hp to affect my score.

1 REPLY 1
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Expired Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I was an authorized user for my parent's CSP, but due to personal issues, we had to let it expire in 2018. Now that things are better, I was wondering how the process of becoming an authorized user again will affect me.

I had the CSP for 4 years, and was wondering if I become an authorized user for that account again, if the last 4 years of credit history would show up again? Or is that history just lost forever? 

If I were to be added as an authorized user again, would they do a hard pull on my credit? I've been actively trying to get another credit card and build credit, but I don't want another hp to affect my score.

If you are added to the card again, as long as the match is made between you and and your credit reports, it will report exactly like it does for whichever parent is the primary user, with the exception of it stating Authorized User rather than Primary under the responsibility column.  You would have the full account history from the day it was opened, and the only difference between primary and AU cards with Chase (and BoA and Citi and presumably many others) is the name on the card.  The card number will be identical and there would be no hard pull.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.