Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Expired) New Amex Offer: Extra 4x MR Points for Walmart Grocery

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex Offer: Extra 4x MR Points for Walmart Grocery

WalMart normally only gets 1x.  It's specifically excluded from the regular 4x grocery earning.

Therefore 4x extra points offer would indeed be 5x.

Message 11 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

WalMart normally only gets 1x.  It's specifically excluded from the regular 4x grocery earning.

Actually Walmart Grocery (the app) has always triggered the 4x on the Gold and 6% on the BCP.  The offer adds another 4x.

I'll do a chat with them tomorrow.

WalmartGrocery4x.png

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I started going to Aldi, 5% off WMT isn't enough of a saving anymore, lol Plus, AmEx's targeted offer always skip me it seems.
Message 13 of 17
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Actually Walmart Grocery (the app) has always triggered the 4x on the Gold and 6% on the BCP.  The offer adds another 4x.

I'll do a chat with them tomorrow.

I stand corrected...

That sounds to me like it was supposed to be a +1 MR bonus offer for a total of 5x and they goofed on the wording.  Their mistake, though.  Make them pay for it!

Message 14 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

The promo is over, but I have an update.

My own back-of-the-envelope math indicated I wasn't missing enough points to bother with calling/chatting, but overnight I had points added to my MR account with the notation "Walmart Grocery 5x MR Offer".  Smiley Happy

Looking at my point summary view there's an entry for each Walmart Grocery purchase made during the promo period (in my case, eight) all dated 8/23, and I picked up an extra ~700 MR points.

I don't know if this was a fix after the fact or if the points were delayed by design, but in any case it was a pleasant surprise to see the missing points show up without any intervention on my part. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. It makes sense that in the normal earning section it would just list the basic points, then afterward list the "offer" points. Similar to when you add an AU or any other offer. Those points are added later on after target is met.

After upgrading to BCP, I was trying to find out if I was really getting 6% on streaming etc. But was unable to find it. I'm used to hunting down MRs, but not CB.

I may look into the Walmart offer more now that I have the BCP, I generally get them quite often. Then I'll just shop through the app when I'm in a City with a Grocery center, while  I do a few other things there until i get a notice it's ready.

Will also save on time when I'm out of town on errand missions.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently getting an extra MR point on my local grocery store (Shoprite) for the remainder of the year with no limits, so super excited about 5x MR there.
Hopefully someone who was getting the Walmart grocery offer is in Shoprite territory and gets the Shoprite offer. Would be a killer MR spree.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.