cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain Barclays rewards

tag
TwentyTwelve

Explain Barclays rewards

When I go to the program overview on the website, I think most of it is missing. I've looked at the FAQ, but I'm still not clear. I've never had a reward card before, so I'm not sure of the procedure for redeeming points. 

Anyone have the Barclays rewards mastercard and wouldn't mind explaining to me how points work? I know that I earn 2 for each dollar of certain kinds of purchases, and 1 for others. But how do you redeem points? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Explain Barclays rewards

@TwentyTwelve wrote:

When I go to the program overview on the website, I think most of it is missing. I've looked at the FAQ, but I'm still not clear. I've never had a reward card before, so I'm not sure of the procedure for redeeming points. 

Anyone have the Barclays rewards mastercard and wouldn't mind explaining to me how points work? I know that I earn 2 for each dollar of certain kinds of purchases, and 1 for others. But how do you redeem points? 

Only on statement credits of 25$ or more. Not worth it unless this is your primary card. 2,500 points = 25 redemption. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 2 of 4
TwentyTwelve

It is my primary card, for now. Ok, say for example I wanted to buy a plane ticket with my points. Do I purchase the plane ticket normally and then go into the website and apply points to my statement? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a serious noob. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Just buy your tix as you normally would and wait for the points to appear. 

When you have enough points and a purchase that qualifies you just redeem your points in your acct online. What's nice is you can do a partial redemption now too.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.