Express CLI can be a HP, be careful!

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Express CLI == HP (be careful)

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

dang that is BLEAK!  I understand if that box is there, but no box and HP!?!?!?! 

Yeah I know for a fact the box was not there, otherwise I wouldn't have proceeded. This is my ONLY commenity card that has never received an increase. SL was $350 and still is...I have yet to use the card, so I don't know if that triggered the HP...but I'm realllllllllllllllllllllly tempted to close the card. I've had it for 6 months and 0 use so far. They're not even reporting 'OK' for payment status obviously so I feel like this card is doing nothing for me..

Any suggestions, close it? Or just let it sit and maybe make a purchase on it since I have had it for 6 months...

A couple things:

• This one seems to be one of the stricter ones on the 9 month rule...you won't get any increase until then. I didn't get the first increase on mine until the 10th month and I've been getting regular increases every 4 months regardless of use.
  • You will need to put some use on it. Even if you buy something and pay it off over time, it counts as activity and statements are generated.

My card started off at $350 almost two years ago. It's almost $3,300 now...

Well, not necessairly. 

I got my Express card in March , via the SCT. SL was $500. In August,  I received Auto-LUV on it to $780 , and last week I got 2 LUV button CLI's to $1,180.

Datapoint: I've spent $630 on the card since I got it. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Express CLI can be a HP, be careful!

Agree that it's best to be careful. Sportsman's Guide pulled a HP on me via robotlady for CLI. Didn't really think we would get HP's for CLI via robotlady. Not much to do about it as we take that risk when we ask for CLI's. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

Comenity has been appeasing me these days but man they are a beast of heart ache when they want to be. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

dang that is BLEAK!  I understand if that box is there, but no box and HP!?!?!?! 

Yeah I know for a fact the box was not there, otherwise I wouldn't have proceeded. This is my ONLY commenity card that has never received an increase. SL was $350 and still is...I have yet to use the card, so I don't know if that triggered the HP...but I'm realllllllllllllllllllllly tempted to close the card. I've had it for 6 months and 0 use so far. They're not even reporting 'OK' for payment status obviously so I feel like this card is doing nothing for me..

Any suggestions, close it? Or just let it sit and maybe make a purchase on it since I have had it for 6 months...

A couple things:

• This one seems to be one of the stricter ones on the 9 month rule...you won't get any increase until then. I didn't get the first increase on mine until the 10th month and I've been getting regular increases every 4 months regardless of use.
  • You will need to put some use on it. Even if you buy something and pay it off over time, it counts as activity and statements are generated.

My card started off at $350 almost two years ago. It's almost $3,300 now...

That was my experience too, no increase until I made two big purchases through it and then the CL jumped now when I hit the CLI option it gives me something each time I have a little balance on it.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card via SCT back in June, with an SL of $250. I tried requesting a CLI 3 times and got the 7-10 day message, ultimately saying I was denied all three times. No HP on any of those. I just logged into my account, and my CL was increased to $690, yay, no HP either. Tried the luv button, was denied again, haha. But all three times I was denied, they told me my account was too new and they needed to see me pay on time, so every month I have bought a thing or two and paid on time, so that may help increase the OP CL.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not true. I have never used my crew card and have had it for 9 months and it has always reported. It even reports my monthly credit limit increases

Message 16 of 21
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Hold the phone! Did I read this right??? You called Comenity and they removed the HP?? Please tell me exactly what you said to them to make that happen. I love Comenity because they've been good to me in my journey to rebuild but I have several HP's from them and have been working up the courage to call them and sweet talk them off my cr's.psrez.jpg

Message 17 of 21
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

That is not true. I have never used my crew card and have had it for 9 months and it has always reported. It even reports my monthly credit limit increases

J.Crew is one of the exceptions. They've only recently started reporting when there's zero balance. Some of their cards you still need to have a statement generated for it to report (Brylane Home and KingSize come to mind right at this moment - I would get the increase but I'd have to buy something in order for the increase to report)

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bear812c wrote:

Hold the phone! Did I read this right??? You called Comenity and they removed the HP?? Please tell me exactly what you said to them to make that happen. I love Comenity because they've been good to me in my journey to rebuild but I have several HP's from them and have been working up the courage to call them and sweet talk them off my cr's.psrez.jpg

hahaha it can be done of course!

I just called them and told them that I attempted a credit limit increase online and the next day I was hit with a hard inquiry on my Experian report. I told her I've never had to take a hard pull off a credit limit increase request. I mentioned the site tells you when they are needing to pull a report and you'd have to confirm that by checking the [box]. I told the lady there was no check box online and had I known this would have been a hard pull, I would not have proceeded. I am in the process of trying to buy a new home and this is going to really impact my chances as I am trying to not acquire any more inq's...I just said please and can you help me take a look into this..

5 mins on hold, lady comes back and says "Sir, I've sat with my supervisor and processed this request over to Experian to remove the inquiry. I wanted to make sure it went through. This should be off your reports within 2 weeks." 

Granted, this is my 3rd!! yes 3rd!! time calling commenity to remove a hp, each time was successful with the same story but differnt store card I got hit with hps. Hope this helps

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've experienced this once, and only with my DW's Torrid account, which had been reduced to 0 CL due to payment issues a couple years back. I requested a CLI, and they granted $450 CL, and it showed up as a HP. Then, it was reduced down to $150 out of the blue with no usage/payments/statements. Recently, the CL was able to be increased via SP to $250. Very weird. I still wonder if it's truly an "open" account again.

I think the norm for Comenity is still SP for all website CLI requests not presenting the checkbox. I've submitted dozens of requests over the past few months with no resulting HP's.

Maybe HP w/o checkbox has something to do with waking up an inactive account that hasn't been undergoing regular AR SP's.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.