Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Next Credit Card

tag
failur3byh3art
Valued Member

Express Next Credit Card

Hello Everyone. So I applied for this card on my rebuilding journey back in January and was approved with a SL of 500$ on a really crappy score on top of 4 collections and 3 COs. My scores that month were horrible (502) at the time so I was deeply surprised I even was approved with such a low score. My scores have jumped up to 600 across the board since then and still growing. Now, my 6th statement just cut and I'm hearing some people around this range get an auto CLI. I'm debating waiting to hit the love button or wait for an auto CLI. I do shop at express alot and have paid my bills on time. I've had a clean payment history all year long and util is low around 3% across my 8 cards. To those of you who have the express next credit card, how long after your statements did you have an auto CLI, or even had an auto CLI to begin with? I know it is completely different for everyone as it all varies with data and other things to factor in. I tried searching up some info on this card but all people have said was they got cli's after 6 months but never stated how long after their statements. Most have said its quicker with their victoria secret cards.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Express Next Credit Card

You're putting too much effort into a card that won't grow much.

Good to see you're making progress though hitting that 600 threshold and moving upwards.

What other cards do you have that might make your time worthwhile?  Some are easier to grow than others and maybe redirecting your focus will help more with those than this one.

Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@failur3byh3art wrote:

Hello Everyone. So I applied for this card on my rebuilding journey back in January and was approved with a SL of 500$ on a really crappy score on top of 4 collections and 3 COs. My scores that month were horrible (502) at the time so I was deeply surprised I even was approved with such a low score. My scores have jumped up to 600 across the board since then and still growing. Now, my 6th statement just cut and I'm hearing some people around this range get an auto CLI. I'm debating waiting to hit the love button or wait for an auto CLI. I do shop at express alot and have paid my bills on time. I've had a clean payment history all year long and util is low around 3% across my 8 cards. To those of you who have the express next credit card, how long after your statements did you have an auto CLI, or even had an auto CLI to begin with? I know it is completely different for everyone as it all varies with data and other things to factor in. I tried searching up some info on this card but all people have said was they got cli's after 6 months but never stated how long after their statements. Most have said its quicker with their victoria secret cards.

I would suggest you hop over here https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit  and see if there is anything you can do about negatives on your CR

It would certainly put you in a better position CLI and new applications wise. 

Message 3 of 5
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

I got the card 2yrs ago. SL was $500, I PIF every month. After 3 statements I hit the luv button
and got my first CLI of $500. Since then I've done it every 3 mo. or so and now I'm at $3500.
I was rebuilding at the time I got it. I'm pretty sure you can do what I did. Good luckSmiley Wink

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 4 of 5
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

My fiance applied for this card when I got my job and had to start dressing up for work. He had opened the account a long time ago because he used to shop exclusively at Express, but they closed due to non-use after he stopped needing new stuff. They basically just opened his old account when he applied in the store. Although, it did require a hard pull. His scores were in the 650's at the time, with one 90 day late, no collections.

I'm an authorized user on this card and have hit the luv button every single month. They usually increase the limit once a month, or every two months. The card got a $500 increase on 5/22 and then another one on 7/22, so this time it was two months apart. Every single time, it's been an increase of $500, never a penny more! It's a store card, so can't really complain. 

Does anyone know the cap limit on this card?  

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.