Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely disappointed

tag
shasta
Regular Contributor

Extremely disappointed

I did a consolidation loan last month in an effort to gain control of some old, high interest CC's. Best buy, Sears, etc. I did the consolidation through prosper.com.

I was hoping that with the elimination of these debts, while also putting my utilization down to 9%, that I would see a dramatic score increase. I have some baddies that are over 4 years old, so I figured that my utilization was in large part keeping my scores down.

The result? A meager 10 point score increase. Myfico EQ went from 658 to 668. This included a CC debt reduction of $4,000 and utilization from about 70% down to 9%.

I really don't know what else I can do to increase my scores..............oh well, better up than down. lol

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: Extremely disappointed

Those baddies will fall off soon. Make sure you don't do any apps and you'll see an increase over a few months

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Extremely disappointed

@shasta wrote:

I did a consolidation loan last month in an effort to gain control of some old, high interest CC's. Best buy, Sears, etc. I did the consolidation through prosper.com.

I was hoping that with the elimination of these debts, while also putting my utilization down to 9%, that I would see a dramatic score increase. I have some baddies that are over 4 years old, so I figured that my utilization was in large part keeping my scores down.

The result? A meager 10 point score increase. Myfico EQ went from 658 to 668. This included a CC debt reduction of $4,000 and utilization from about 70% down to 9%.

I really don't know what else I can do to increase my scores..............oh well, better up than down. lol

Hey you went from "Not Good" to "Good" on the FICO scale so thats a good thing!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.